What's Done In The Dark

8 and a half weeks ago

Ally's P.O.V

I am completely shocked that she would do something like this. I've hurt her so many times in the past that I can forgive her for this and I do want to make this relationship work. And now that she's pregnant, that's only more reason to stay with her. I can't let her deal with a pregnancy by herself.

After work, I honesty didn't want to go home. I didn't know where to go though. I just needed to talk to someone. Someone who would listen to me and try and comfort me. I'd never expected it to be Natalie and I never expected us to sleep together.

"That…was…"

"Mind blowing." She says finishing for me as she mindlessly plays with a strand of my hair as we lie next to each other in her bed.

"That, but…" I say

"But what?" she says and I sigh

"I wanted to stop doing this…"

"Why? You just said it was great and no one is going to find out."

"Because I wanted to change. I didn't want to do this anymore."

"Allyson, she won't know. Besides we both know you're not in love with her."

"I do love her…and she's pregnant."

"You say you love her but you're here and- she's pregnant?" Natalie says, gaping at me.

"Yeah she's almost 10 weeks pregnant with twins…but."

"But what?"

"They might not be mine." I say softly and she sits up on her elbow to look down at me.

"She cheated on you?" she asks.

"Cheating. I caught her earlier today."

"Cheating? I know I don't know her that well, but she didn't seem like the type to do that."

"Maybe I drove her to it…"

"Explain it to me Ally."

"I went to lunch with a few co-workers and I saw her and Normani kissing at a table."

"No, I meant how you drove her to it. And are you sure it wasn't just a friendly kiss? Some friends do that.

"Why do people keep saying that? You don't do that when you're in a relationship."

"Ally, girls will give other girls a friendly peck on the lips as a hello or a goodbye. I do it with my friends sometimes."

"It was not a peck! I saw tongue!" I say and huff frustrated.

"Oh. Well that's different then. And I'm sorry but you just look to cute when your doing that." She says and I can't help the small smile and blush that grace my face when she says that,

"Yes. And I found out it's been going on for months…"

"Look, it'll be okay. I know I'm not exactly your favorite person but if you need to talk I'm here. Maybe this is a sign."

"Why would you say that? I know we've had our problems in the past but…that's the past. And how can it be a sign?"

"Well, maybe she's meant to be with someone else and so are you. Or maybe you have issues and you should take a break and both work on them."