Meet The Twins

Normani's P.O.V

Oh shit. This cant be happening now. I'm not ready. Oh god I'm a nervous wreck already and she hasn't even had them.

"Wait what? Like just now?" I say sitting up.

"Yes just now. Now help me up we need to get to the hospital." She says holding out her hand. I quickly move to help her up.

I franticly run around to grab everything she needs and then I head out the door and to the elevator. While I'm on the elevator I hear my phone ring. I don't look at the caller I.D and just answer.

"Look I can't talk right now. Lau-"

"Normani you do realize that you left me in the apartment right?" I hear…

"Lauren? Oh shit, sorry. I-"

"Baby it's okay but I need you to relax okay? Just get a cab and I'll be down in a few minutes."

"Yeah okay." I say and hang up.

Seriously? How the hell did I leave her? I'm horrible. I'm going to be a horrible mother. What if one day I'm in a rush and forget the twins somewhere? I never told Lauren how nervous I am about being a mother. I just don't want to do a bad job. Like what if I drop them or feed them the wrong thing. What if they get sick and I don't know what to do. I don't even know how to change a diaper for Christ's sake!

And this whole not knowing whose kids they are is just making me more nervous. No matter what to me they will always be my children but…I know I'll be devastated if they aren't biologically mine. Lauren and I just got together and if the twins are mine we can be a family. But if they aren't…we will still be a family but I can only take so much of that fucking hobbit and I know if the twins are hers I'll have to see her a lot and then I'll go to jail for murder. So there just isn't a good outcome with that situation.

Once I get off the elevator I rush outside to get a cab. Thankfully one stops immediately. I put her bags in the trunk and wait for Lauren. I get out to help her into the car and then we leave for the hospital. I text the hobbit and a few other people to let them know what's going on and then I check on Lauren.

"You okay baby?" I ask, rubbing her knee.

"I'm fine. The contractions haven't started yet so I'm okay." She says giving my hand a reassuring squeeze and giving me a small smile.

"Are you okay?" She asks me.

"Yeah I'm fine. Why wouldn't I be?"

"Well…you seem stressed and you're obviously nervous."

"Yeah well…"

"Well what?" She asks and I sigh.

"I…I don't know. I'm just really…scared." I say softly while looking down. She lifts my head and looks me in my eyes.

"Is it because…you know. We don't know?" She asks.

"No, it's not that. Whatever the outcome I'll always be here and the twins will always be mine in my heart. I'm just nervous…what if I'm a horrible mother?" I say softly.

"What? Normani you won't be a horrible mother. Parents aren't perfect. Neither of us has any real experience with this so we have to learn as we go. We can do this alright. It'll be okay." She says cupping my cheek and kisses me. I smile and nod.

"Okay. We can do this." I say and intertwine our fingers and place them down on the seat between us. I stare out of the window until we get to the hospital and Camila comes out with a wheel chair.

Soon after we arrived Lauren was placed in her room and now we're just waiting for her to be fully dilated.

"Did anyone call Ally?" Lauren asks from her bed.