The Shoe Is On The Other Foot

Lauren's P.O.V

I felt my stomach drop when I heard that all too familiar voice. Shit! I am so dead.

"Ally…I…uh"

"What does it look like she's doing?" Normani cuts in, glaring at Allyson with her arms crossed over her chest. Allyson turns and glares at Normani.

"I don't believe I was talking to you! I was speaking to MY girlfriend who just had her tongue down your throat!" she says and then turns to glare at me.

"Don't be so dramatic Allyson! It was a simple kiss. That's that. LOTS of girls give their friends pecks on the lips." Normani says.

"That was not just a peck! And I don't care what other women do! You do not do that when you are in a relationship!"

"And how would you know? Were you stalking us or something?"

"I have eyes Normani! And that was clearly NOT a friendly peck!"

"Your eyes are deceiving you. It was just a peck. Right Lo?" Normani asks turning to me. Oh Shit! Should I tell the truth or lie? Which is worse? Ugh fuck! They're expecting an answer!

"I…uh…yeah Al. It wasn't anything." I lie.

"Are you fu- Do you two honestly believe I'm that naïve! I know what I saw!"

"So what if it was anything more than that? Like you have room to talk! You aren't exactly a saint!" Normani says. Ally's face turns red and I can see her clench her jaw and fists.

"I know what I did Normani! And we've gotten past that! And whatever happened between Lauren and I does NOT concern YOU!" Ally yells. Normani stands and slams her hands on the table.

"It does when you're hurting my best friend! We both know that you don't deserve her and you're not going to change for long!" she yells.

"HOW DARE YOU! Y-"

"Stop! Stop arguing God! You're going to get us kicked out and I happen to like this restaurant. Can we please go talk somewhere else?" I say standing from my seat.

"Fine!" Ally says storming out of the restaurant. Normani gets up, grabs another breadstick, and pays for the food, then leaves. I heavily sigh to and prepare myself for what's about to happen before steeping out of the restaurant.

"Lauren! I want an explanation!" Ally says as soon as I leave the restaurant.

"I…it…Fuck! I don't know alright!"

"I started it and I didn't give her a chance to pull away." I hear Normani say and I look at her confusedly.

"What the hell is wrong with you!" Ally yells. Normani runs a hand through her hair and says.

"I…I don't know. I haven't had any real kisses in a while and Lauren had hers all glossed and I couldn't resist!"

"Any real- glossed! What! That isn't any excuse! You can't just go kiss my girlfriend you home wrecker!" Ally yells getting in Normani's face.

"Oh, so, YOU can whore around and kiss…or FUCK anyone you want to! But if Lauren kisses anyone but you it's not right?" Normani yells back moving closer and glaring down at Ally. They're nose to nose now and I know if I don't intervene this situation will get really ugly really fast. And I'd rather not have to visit, most likely, Ally in the hospital.

"Normani!" I yell and she snaps her head towards me.

"What! I'm just telling the truth Lauren! You're girlfriend is nothing but a fucking whore!"