That Was Close

Normani's  P.O.V

The doctor chuckles at us and says,

"Yes, twins. Also by the look of it I would say fraternal." She says and then points to the monitor. She circles a blury grey ring with her finger.

"This is one sac and that's the other." She says pointing to the other ring.

Oh my god! Seriously? There are two of them! I can't believe this. Two girls. Or two boys. Just…two! God I really don't want to be so happy because who knows what the outcome will be. They could be Ally's or one could be hers but I don't care. Right now in this moment all I want to do is be here for Lauren.

Lauren looks over to me, still slightly shocked, and says,

"Twins…wow."

"I know…when will we learn the sexes?" I ask.

"The sex organs don't develop until the second trimester. When she's around 18 weeks we can try to figure it out. Depending on whether they want to cooperate or not." She says smiling.

"This is insane…but in the best possible way." I say looking at Lauren and she smiles.

After we found out about the babies, I literally had an enormous smile plastered on my face. Lauren is just as excited as I am about the news. In fact she's so excited that she had to run to tell Camila. Luckily she works in the hospital like right next door.

"Oh my God! Oh my God! OH MY GOD!" Camila squeals in delight, hugging Lauren tight.

"This is so awesome!" she says hugging the life out of me.

"Okay…Mila calm down." I say trying to maneuver out of this hug. She finally lets' go and says.

"I'm sorry but this is just so exciting! Twins!" This lasted for ten minutes. But I have to admit it was fucking adorable. Seeing Lauren being so excited and happy. I feel like I'm falling more in love with her, if that's even possible. She's literally glowing and she's just so beautiful.

I have to tell her. I have to let her know I feel. I'm going to send the letter. Up until now I've been so hesitant because I don't want to be rejected but now, Now I know I have to do it. If I let her know how I feel and she feels the same, then we could be a family. Me, her and the babies.

We eventually left the hospital and we decided to get some ice cream and go to central park. We walk around for a while before sitting on a bench and just eat our ice cream. I have one arm resting on the back of the bench and Lauren is lying on my shoulder.

We sit for a while just watching people walk past and talk. It just feels right t b with her like this. Being so comfortable and just being together. But of course our moment is interrupted my none other than

"Hey Ally." Lauren says into her phone.

"Everything's fine…I have something to tell you, but I'll tell you when you come home…No nothings wrong, its good news…I'm in central park…No I'm alone…okay I'll see you when you get home, bye."

The whole mood is ruined. I still want to beat Ally's fucking face in for the shit she said to me and having the audacity to tell Lauren to drop me as a friend. She has no room to talk with all the shit she's done.

We sat a while longer before Lauren says she's tired. We go back to her house and she goes to lie in her bed.

"Well, I should probably get going…" I say hovering over the bed next to her.

"No. Come lay with me." she says moving over in the bed and holding the cover up for me. I playfully roll my eyes and kick my shoes off to climb into the bed next to her. I lay on my side facing her and she turns around and moves to press her back into my chest.