im really disappointed

so today my church/local Habitat for Humanity did a thing called "Serve Day"

and the cheer coach made the cheer squad of my high school attend and serve

we had a great turnout of about 400 people, sure, but I was really aggravated with a select few of those people

like, for example, the cheerleaders were complaining about having to attend and serve. it really bothered me because—as much as I hate to say it—they're all privileged girls. they're completely unaware that people out in the world aren't as fortunate.

my family has always had a big heart for helping and serving people. i get an average of about 90 hours of volunteer work every year, because my family has always had a place in that aspect of the world. so hearing this stuff makes me upset because I have friends who have struggled in life. there are people in my friend group that have been kicked out of their homes, live in a run-down home, or have once had to stay with family friends because they didn't have a home.

even writing this makes me upset because those girls who complain about serving at a place as simple as Walmart are so inconsiderate and inhumane. helping people with groceries or pushing their carts for them is such a simple task. imagine the families out there who can't even go to Walmart because they may not afford it or they can't leave the house. the least they can do is help.

i'm sorry if this seems disrespectful to some or maybe even obnoxious, but it just pains me to see that some people think a simple task is a waste of time when they could be helping someone who has hit rock bottom.

i'm sorry