Chapter 15

Hey guys :D

Please comment, vote, and follow!

Sorry for any grammar and editing mistakes!

Enjoy!

-&-

Chapter 15

       "Would you like something to eat?" Aeyron asked for the second time that day as I sat on the cool stone of the bench hidden in the back of the snow-covered garden. I smiled up into the soft flakes falling from the sky.

       "No, thank you." I could practically feel the brooding frown pull at his lips.

       "You said that earlier. You must eat." He practically growled as his large, heavy body sat beside me- his giant frame taking up much of the room on the cold seat.

       A thin beam of light had peaked out through the dense snow clouds swirling overhead, and I refused to let Aeyron's grumpy demeanor ruin it. "I will, tonight. I'm just not very hungry today." Which was true. I was so excited about touring the castle that the thought of food never crossed my mind.

       "Fine, but you will eat tonight." His tone held no room for argument, even though I wouldn't have anyway.

       "This place is beautiful." I spoke softly a moment later as we both gazed at the white-covered trees and flowers. The General eased somewhat beside me.

       "Yes, it is. These flowers only live in a harsh, cold environment. Its why the King filled the garden with them. Even when it's not winter, the mountain still snows."

       I knew that all too well. Even at the base of the Mountain where my village sat, we would still get trickles of snow throughout the year. It was a beautiful sight. The trees would be covered in green leaves, the ground with soft green grass and flowers that sparkled in the sun- and then snow would gently fall over them, like a cool white blanket intent on keeping them safe.

       "Come. I should get you inside before you get sick."

       I let out a small sigh as he stood to his feet and turned to me with a warm smile. "You and Terif both seem to think I will get sick from anything." His brown eyes flashed and he let out a small chuckle as he held his hand out towards me.

       "We do not mean to offend you, my lady. You are just very small- and fragile. The King would have our heads if anything happened to you."

       I couldn't help but smile as my hand slipped into his and let him ease me to my feet. He let go immediately after. "Maybe you don't, but Terif doesn't care whether he offends me or not. I think a part of him actually enjoys it."

       "No, I doubt that's the case. Offending you would offend the King, and he would never upset North on purpose."

       That I did know.

       "Besides, that grumpy wolf seems to like you."

       My steps fumbled at that simple statement, and I turned to him in bewilderment. "Like me? You must be mistaking Terif for someone else- or you're completely blind. The only reason he can be even remotely polite is because of the King." I scoffed and resisted the urge to roll my eyes as the large wolf led me back into the many halls of the castle.

       "Perhaps, but he talks to you- whether it be considered polite or not. That's saying something."

       I frowned at his words, at the amused twinkle dancing in his brown eyes. Of course Terif talked to me, even if it was only to be rude at times. Or is it also considered against the law to converse with Underlings?