Chapter 24

Hey guys, sorry if this chappy seems choppy and kinda bad. I'll go back over it later on with the rest of the book!

Please comment, vote, and follow!

Sorry for any grammar and editing mistakes!

Enjoy!

-&-

Chapter 24

       "Wake up."

       My eyes shot open and my breathing hitched in my throat. The first rays of morning sunlight streamed into the large bedchamber through the floor-to-ceiling windows, but my mind seemed to suddenly pound in my skull.

       The King made a strange noise beside me, and my gaze flickered over to his handsome face. He was still sleeping, but had moved since the night before. His large arm was now wrapped around me, his warm torso acting as the perfect pillow. A blush began to stain my cheeks.

       This was the closest we had ever been. The most intimate.

       I hadn't meant to spend the night with him. I was fully planning on only staying until he fell asleep, and then go back to my own room, but I had been too tired to keep my eyes open. And this felt nice- being so close to him. I didn't want it to ever end.

       "Take a walk."

       But I wanted to take a walk. I had been pressed against his large side for the entire night and needed to stretch my cramped legs. He didn't wake as I slowly eased away from his still shirt-covered chest, and maneuvered slowly out of his strong arms.

       My flats remained on the floor where I had left them the night before, and I slipped easily back into the comfortable shoes. Just a quick walk, and then I could go back to sleep-

       No, I couldn't. Now that I wasn't lying beside him anymore I knew it would be wrong to sneak back into the bed beside him. His invitation was only a one-time thing.

       I paused half-way across the room when he made a sudden odd noise, his large body twisting before settling back down. Perhaps if he woke up it wouldn't be too bad. He could go on the walk with me-

       "Don't wake the King."

       Then again, he did need his sleep. He wasn't healed all the way. He needed as much rest as possible. Where would I walk to though? Outside maybe? It must be a beautiful morning-

       "Go to the library."

       I could use a good book to read, especially when the King would leave for hours on end and I got bored of losing at chess to Aeyron. I knew where the library was, I spent a lot of time there when the King had left for the islands. It was a beautiful room lined with marble statues and tall wooden pillars.

       It didn't take long to walk to the extravagant room from the King's wing, and I was leafing through a few interesting books before I knew it.

       "This library was the first finished room in the entire castle."

       I jumped at the familiar voice echoing around the large, empty, circular room- the book I had been glancing at falling heavily from my hands. My eyes widened as I whirled around to glare at the intruder.

       Liberius shot me a wide, sickening smile- as if the incident from the other day had never happened. As if he hadn't run away terrified of the emptiness behind me. I gripped for a heavy book resting on the shelves- gripped at any kind of weapon to hold between the two of us.