Chapter 25

Hey guys,

Please comment, vote, and follow!

Sorry for any grammar and editing mistakes!

Enjoy!

-&-

Chapter 25

       Aeyron chuckled, but the look in his eyes was rather unsettling. "What a ridiculous notion. Perhaps that power he constantly babbles on about finally fried his brain."

       But I wasn't convinced. For the first time since I arrived in North's palace, his Second in Command wouldn't meet my eyes.

       "You believe him."

       "Of course I don't. People can't be stars-"

       "You're lying." I narrowed my eyes at the guilty look that flashed through his. He did believe the seer, regardless of how insane the thought was. He just didn't want to admit it, but eventually he let out a sigh.

       "It's not that simple. The seer might be a nuisance to the kingdom, but he still communicates with the spirit realm. I would not believe anything he says, my lady- but that doesn't mean some of it isn't true."

       "The King wants me to forget that I was ever in the library." I murmured more to myself than him once he settled back in his seat, the guilty expression swarming his eyes gone.

       "Perhaps that would be for the best."

       I rolled my eyes at that statement and let out a tired sigh before closing the book resting in front of me. "I am getting rather sick of everyone saying that."

       His dark eyes slanted towards mine before he reached up and ran his strong fingers through his sand-colored hair. "Yes, I imagine you are. But, believe me, Emrie," I knew what he was going to say was true based simply on the fact that he didn't put the 'lady' in front of my name.

       "I would tell you everything in a heartbeat if it were that easy."

       "And why isn't it?"

       "The King has his reasons."

       I scoffed at that answer, what a ridiculous one it was. It was pretty much the same response from Terif every time I asked him. North didn't want me to know anything, so his Generals wouldn't bother telling me.

       "Do you even know what those reasons are?"

       He chuckled once again, and his brown eyes seemed to dance in amusement as he played with an absent pawn from the chess board always ready at the table.

       "More than I would like. But they are important, and I agree with them enough to not disobey him."

       "Of course you do." I grumbled and leaned back in my chair with an exasperated sigh. I honestly didn't even know why I bothered asking anymore. Aeyron rolled his eyes.

       "Listen my lady, North does-"

       "Emrie."

       His words were suddenly cut off from the almost vicious growl tearing through his own chest. There was a flash of blue, a bright blue so electric that I knew it could belong to no one other than the King- and then the Second in Command was gripping impossibly tight onto my wrist.

       My eyes widened in alarm.

       "Aeyron? What are you doing-"

       "Emrie." He growled again, his brown eyes completely hidden behind the bright blue of Eirik's glaring down at me in such anger that it made my stomach flip. The grip the large General had on my wrist only tightened, and I gasped at the sharp zap of pain it shot through my arm.