Chapter 19

Hey guys,

Please comment, vote, and follow!

Sorry for any grammar and editing mistakes!

Enjoy!

-&-

Chapter 19

       I wouldn't go as far as to say I felt brand new the next time I woke, but it was close enough. There was already warm water in the bath waiting for me, and- even more surprising- one of the castle's servants laying out a dress.

       "My lady." The serving girl said with a deep curtsy before standing once again. "Shall I help you undress for your bath?" She asked politely, her red hair tied in a loose bun underneath a white handkerchief. I gave her a confused frown.

       "Um, n-no thank you. I'll manage."

       "Of course. My name is Ellen, my lady. If you need me just ring the bell." She nodded towards the cord at the back of the room before curtsying one more time and leaving.

       I stared after her in shock. It had been three months since I arrived, and that was the first servant I had ever seen anywhere near my room.

       How odd...

       The bath was refreshing, and seemed to ease whatever was left from that little almost-dying-again fiasco. The heavy snow had finally started to melt, but that didn't mean the yearly-snow was leaving anytime soon. I was thankful for the long-sleeved dress the girl had laid out for me. Even though I could have gotten it myself. I had been for the last three moons.

       I didn't have to wait long for Aeyron to knock on my door, he did almost the same time every day. I checked to make sure the King's letter was still under my pillow before hopping over to the sitting room to let the General in. I gave him a large smile when I opened the simple piece of wood that blocked my room from the hall.

       "You look much better." He said with a large, beaming grin that only made my own want to grow.

       "I feel much better. How is the King?"

       "He's fine. Still sleeping. Let's get you something solid to eat, yes?" There was no room for argument in his tone, and he was taking my arm and leading my down the hall before I realized it. I rolled my eyes. This wolf was obsessed with making sure I ate.

       "He's still sleeping?" The gold-power had healed almost every cut, scrape, or bruise he had. Even if he did lose all that blood, his healing abilities far surpassed mine. He should have been fine by now. Maybe I hadn't healed him as well as I thought-

       Aeyron let out a tired sigh, his smile slowly fading. "Yes, he usually runs himself dry when he has to use that much power."

       That much power...

       Was it really that hard to save me?

       "But don't worry about him, my lady. He will be good as new in no time." His smile was back, and it shone like the brightest candle in a dark room.

       "Would you like to go see him later?"

       "What?" The question caught me off guard, and not just because I haven't been in the King's side of the castle before. I was never invited to go see him- except to eat. He was wounded- or sick- or whatever, but still.

       "North? Do you want to visit him after you eat?" He asked again, slower even like that would help. I fidgeted with the edge of my dress, a silly little blush playing on my cheeks.