More Distractions?

(Your P.O.V.)

Preparing the invitations wasn’t as bad as you would’ve thought it to be. Though there was something slowing you down a bit and that was the earlier conversation you had with the Phantomhive about an hour ago.
You sat there, thinking the same thing for the hundredth time.
Why did I get mad? The thought was driving you insane and you decided to let your anger out for the first time in years.
“A fiancé and anger... how is this related?!? How did I even end up working for someone the same age as me! I didn’t want any of this to happen and now I’m folding a damn piece of paper for a party. To hell with England. To hell with the queen. To hell with unicorns and rainbows!!!” You yelled in frustration and finished the last invitation.

“But… unicorns are amazing” You heard from behind you.
“Who’s there?” You asked when you obviously knew who it was.
“It’s me, Finnian”
“Of course it’s you…”
“Oh… do you not like me?”
“No I- wait what? I like you!! Just... not in that kind of way... umm but that doesn’t mean I’m interested in you it’s just that I don’t like you in that sense but I do like you just...” He cut you off right in the middle of your nervous rant and boy were you grateful. You let your hands fall to your side as took a deep breath.
He giggled and looked at you “its fine”
“Really?” You asked and sighed in relief.
“Yes really… but I do have a question”
“What is it?”
“Why did you get mad earlier?” The question sort of took you off guard as you stood there trying to think. You decided to be honest.
“I honestly don’t know…” You said and look at the finished invitation in your hand. He caught you looking at the invitation and gasped “I am so sorry!! I didn’t know I was taking up your time!”
You chuckled quietly and gave him the invitation.
“Its fine, I’m actually done with all 300 of them” You said sarcastically as he calmed himself down and opened his mouth to speak.
“That’s the first time I hear you laugh!” He exclaims, receiving a small blush on your face.
“It’s the first time I laugh in years” You said covering your mouth. He looks at you in bewilderment and smiles widely “I got to hear you laugh!!! Yay!!”
His yelling made you laugh a bit more before you heard footsteps walking down the staircase. Turning around, you saw the Phantomhive stare at you once he reached the very last step. Everything around you was tuned out as you returned his gaze with the same curiosity. You’ve never seen him like this and you knew that this was the only moment to burn this picture into your mind.
It seemed like an eternity before Finny came to ruin the moment.

“Young Master! Guess what!! I made her smile and laugh for the first time in years!!” He yelled excitedly. You turned to look at Finny then back at Ciel, only to be greeted by a small scowl on his face.

“Right now is not the time to be off task. Sebastian has found the suspect about half an hour ago and we must make sure he appears to the party being held next week. If not, then that means we have failed to fulfill the Queen’s desires.”
You scoffed some on purpose and turned to look at him “I have finished my invitations and just was about to deliver them” He seemed to be pleased with that answer but being the person that he is, he always demanded for more.
“Sebastian would have already decorated the place for the party” He definitley knows how to get you angry...
“Then why not get him to do everything like you used to do when I wasn’t here!” You yelled.
“Because I want you to be my side until eternity!”

You were taken aback by the words and turned around to face Finny’s shocked expression. This was the first time he actually was openly honest and it made you think that there might be that small chance that he might actually not think of you as a pawn.
Of course you failed to notice that he never really treated you like a pawn and he treated you more like a person who had to fulfill a debt to someone else.
(Think of Haruhi Fujioka XD)

He coughed some and regained his posture “what I meant was that you shall do what I say until eternity. Just like Sebastian had promised me the first day I met him”
He walked away, leaving you to wonder if he really did mean what he said.

(Ciel’s P.O.V.)

That was overwhelming in so many ways. I thought to myself and opened the door to my study.
Sitting down in my chair, I looked down at my hand to see that I had forgotten to collect the invitations from her.
“How could I forget something so important?!” I wondered out loud and stood up, only to have a knock on my door.
“Young Master, is there anything you would like me to do, as it seems I have finished my duties”
“Come in and we can talk about it” I said and saw him open the door. He walked in and smiled a fake smile that looked so perfectly real.
“What would you like to talk about? Perhaps you would like to play a game?”
He loves to tease me doesn’t he?  I sighed and opened my mouth to speak “Could you please get the invitations from Rose? I seem to have forgotten why I went up to talk to her in the first place”
His mouth formed into a smirk as he bowed and turned around to leave.
Before he left, he left one piece of advice.

“Young Master, please be careful around that girl. It seems she will be more than just one of your servants”
And with that, he left the room to retrieve the finished invitations.
_______________________________________________

I honestly tried to get you closer to Ciel and show that he is slowly falliing in love with you but I also wanted to show how Sebastian is trying to keep you two away because if Ciel falls in love, then his soul purpose of getting Ciel's revenge and soul is down the toilet!! Btw, I made Ciel get sorta jealous with the scowl XD
Also I put in some Finnian x Reader because dude... All is fair in love and war XD.