Death

(Your P.O.V)

Jumping from tree to tree was fascinating and easier to do that you expected, but following 3 demons that have lived much longer was harder to do, even if you were a demon yourself.

“Ne… (Your name)” You heard come from in front of you.
Huh…? You thought as another voice spoke up.

“What? Are you deaf (Your name)?” It asked as you stopped to land on a tree branch, the triplets following your action.
“We were talking to you” Said a third voice in a slight annoyed tone. It seemed to be that the 3 demons have noticed you.

“Since when did you know I was following you?” You asked them as they whispered for a while before answering.
“About a while ago.”
“And you’re very noisy to be a demon”
“Yea, so we decided to talk to you because we were bored”

Those bastards…. But they’re nice when they want to be. You thought and sighed before looking at them once again.

“Ok, so… why did you guys stop?”

They looked at each other and nodded. It seemed like they came to a silent agreement and Canterbury was the first to speak.
“We stopped because we don’t like this plan of Claude’s”
“He told us to kill Sebastian” Said Thompson as Timber began to speak.
“But Sebastian already knows we’re following him so we’re planning to die to ruin Claude’s plans”

This took you by surprise. I mean, why would they want to do that? They have an infinite amount of life and they want to waste it because of some plans they don’t like. Seems legit huh?

“And… why are you against Claude’s plan?” You asked as they whispered some more and turned to face you.
“Claude is the worst kind of demon”
“And we just don’t like him”
“Also we follow Hannah, not Claude”

They turned around without waiting for you to speak and began to jump from branch to branch, forcing you into following the three of them. They had a good point and you guessed that they were tired of living for so long as well. Did they really realize that what they were doing was wrong? Or did they finally become fed up with the world? Who knows, they might just take their reason for dying into their graves.

“These are some big ass trees” You murmured as the triplets finally stopped and began to set up their sniper. Positioning it, they aimed towards a woman who seemed too old for what she was wearing. Maybe she was once some kind of prostitute. Whatever the reason was, the triplets didn’t care.

Canterbury was the one who aimed for the old woman and shot.

Bang.

You watched as the woman smiled before she dropped dead on the ground, right in front of a familiar butler and some redhead you saw before. But you weren’t paying attention to them; you were just shocked that they killed an innocent woman.

“She dropped dead”
“Like London Bridge when it fell down”
“She knew she was going to die” Came the voices of the triplets before they began to shoot down at Sebastian whom was running with some butter knives in his hand.

He leaped to the left, avoiding a critical hit then jumped up right as the 3 demons jumped down to hit him with a rake they had stored who knows where. You realized right then and there something. The day you fought Sebastian wasn’t a real fight. Sebastian had gone easy on you…

That bastard… He held back when he was fighting me 3 years ago! You thought as you saw Timber raise his pickaxe, trying to hit Sebastian.
Sebastian had ducked under him and then proceeded to trip him, creating a domino effect in where all 3 demons were on the floor.
Thompson got up and tried again, only to receive a kick in the back of the head by Sebastian. Canterbury took this chance to make a sneak attack but Sebastian turned around and blocked the attack with one of his butter knives. Who knew that silverware was resistant to the power of a demon?