172

jack's point of view.

It was almost 7 pm and I was already sitting at 'our' place. It was an old vintage little cafe in the neighborhood where Riley and I used to live. We came there every week for a cup of hot chocolate and a sandwich.

The Cafe is called Manhattan Mocha, we loved going there, especially because no one really knew that it existed. It was our place, so it felt like when we first discovered it being there.

It was around 6:56 pm when Riley walked around the corner.

She looked absolutely stunning dressed in a blue striped of the shoulder dress and white sneakers. Her hair was in a messy braid and she wore her favorite neckless she got from her father when she was 15.

"Hi Jack. " She smiled at me when she took a seat.

"Hey." I smiled back, being happy to see her again.

"You look beautiful Riley. " I said

She blushed and smiled.

"Thank you. " She looked through the menu figuring out what she wants to eat or drink.

"What are you taking? " She asked.

"The usual. " I pretended to look through the menu, while I was actually staring at her.

She was so focused on the words and you saw that she didn't knew what she was going to get.

She was an open book, you could read her emotions even when she was clearly hiding it.

"I really don't know what to get. " She chuckled as we saw the nice barista walking up to our usual spot.

"Hey guys. What's up? " The boy, Noah, who usually gets our orders said.

"Alright, how have you been Noah?" Riley asked him.

"Pretty good, got promotion to co-manager. Starting next week. Pretty stoked. " He smiled.

We said that's great for him since he always had a hard time finding good paid jobs.

"What do you guys want, lemme guess? The usual for Jack? And obviously Riley is going through the menu. " He chuckled as I nodded.

"You have to help me Noah. I don't know what to get. So surprise me alright ? " She smiled at him and he nodded.

When he walked away we finally started talking.

"How have you been? " She asked.

"Okay, I guess. Still the old situation where I want you back. " I shrugged.

She quickly looked away before making things awkward.

"Look, Jack. We can't do this forever. You have to move on at some point. "

"I know Riley, it's just hard seeing the person you love being in love with someone else. Can't erase that from my mind that easily. " I took a sip of my coffee which I already ordered before Riley got in.

"I'm sorry. You just, broke me. "

"I know I have broken you and your feelings, and I know it's so rude to ask for a third chance but I'm willing to do everything to get you back. " I said.

"I want to fix you again Riley. " I added.

"Somethings can't be fixed, Jack. I want to remain friends, but I can't be friends with you if you're constantly asking me to get back to you. " She drank the smoothie she got from Noah and quickly gave him a thumbs up before focusing on our conversation.

"I just miss you. "

"A lot. " I told her.

"I do miss us too. How it was before you cheated on me. Everything was okay. Why did you cheat on me ? Why did you have to make things worse when we were doing so perfect. Why'd you ruin it?" She asked me.

I didn't quite knew how to answer this.

"I think I was getting a little sick of the commitment. " I dare to say.

"Getting sick ? Of the commitment? Really Jack. " She looked annoyed.

I shouldn't have said that.

"I don't want to make things worse than they already are. I'm sorry. "

We are our food and were silent for a couple minutes.

"The one thing I just don't get is why didn't you tell me you were getting sick of the commitment. Why you did it behing my back hurts me the most when we could've really just talked about it and tried to figure something out. " She said.

"I know, I'm sorry. I wish I could've take it back. "

"Did you even love me ? " She asked.

"Of course I did. "

"Why? "

"Because you're everything I don't deserve but everything I need. "

"Which I don't think was fair to either of us. " I whispered.

T H E   E N D

To my readers,

I want to say thank you for reading my story Instagram - JG and being on this journey with me.

I've learned so much from writing this book.

I told earlier that 180 would be the last chapter but when I was writing this it seemed like the perfect ending. I'll may at a prequel or 3 bonus chapters. Let me know what you think.

Thank you so much, from the bottom of my heart

- Me