176

"NO, GODDAMNIT RILEY." Dylan screams at me while i'm crying.

"Please, Dylan. We can talk about this. " I cry and try to hold his hand.

He slaps my hand away, walks to my favorite vase and slams it on the ground.

"For fucks sakes. " Dylan yells.

"Dylan? What is going on, please let's talk this out. " I pick up the glass from the vase i got from my little brother and accidentally cut myself.

"That Jack boy has to stop right now okay? Tell him that okay? " He says.

He has been sending me flowers every month..

"But it's a sweet gesture Dylan, he does it to apologize for the past. Please understand. " I try to explain but he only get more mad.

"NO, RILEY YOU BROKE UP WITH HIM, 2 FUCKING YEARS AGO ALRIGHT? DO YOU STILL LOVE HIM? IS THAT IT? AM I NOT GOOD ENOUGH?"

"I'll always love him Dylan. " I say quietly.

"Get to his house, and tell him that he needs to stop. If he won't stop i'll fucking kill him. " Dylan threats.

Maybe I belong with Jack after all.

"I don't want to hurt his feelings. " I say.

"Do you know whose feelings you're hurting? Mine. He's commenting all that cheesy shit all over your instagram, sending you fucking flowers every fucking month. And says you'll forever be his crush. I am your boyfriend, i am doing that stuff. " He sighs.

"Then do that! You haven't been acting like one for the past 2 months Dylan. You're never home! " I yell.

"How dare you? I am the one who brings money to this goddamn house Riley."

"Sometimes I have the feeling that I'm not the one for you Dylan. We're acting like we're fine all the time but we fight, all the time. Sure we love each other but do we really love each other that much?" I whisper.

"So now you think I'm cheating on you?" He throws his hands up in the air and slams the door behind him.

"DON'T COME AFTER ME RILEY. GO TO A FRIENDS HOUSE I DON'T WANT YOU HERE TONIGHT. " he screams from upstairs.

I'm so done

I'm crying even harder now and grab my keys

I get in the car and I drive to the place I once felt the most safe.

Jack Gilinsky's apartment.

I decided to call Jack, to ask if it's okay if i could come over.

"Riley? Hey. " I hear his sweet and husky voice.

"Uhm, hey Jack. Are you home ? " I sniff, which I shouldn't have.

"Yes I am- Is there something wrong? Are you crying? " He sounds worried.

"I'll be there in a couple minutes Jack. I'm sorry. " I hang up the phone.

I arrived in less than 5 minutes and ring his bell, the door opens.

"Riley? Oh my god what happened, you're bleeding. Get in. " He grabs my hands and closes the door after I got in.

I immediately burst into tears and fall onto the floor.

"I think it's over Jack. Me and Dylan. He has been screaming and yelling and throwing things at me." I bury my crying face in my hands.

"What? Is he crazy, Riley he doesn't hurt you right? " He asks.

"Not physically no. " I say

"Why is he angry?"

"He hates it that you are sending me stuff, commenting on me and being nice to me. He thinks I still love you. " I whisper and look down my hands and see that i'm shaking pretty bad.

"I'm sorry, I know I shouldn't have done that but-

"No, stop. It's way to sweet and I think you treat me way better than Dylan does. " I interrupt him.

"I still love you Jack. " I say and he doesn't answer for a while.

"Like, love love? " He whispers.

"Yes. I should've listened to my heart from the beginning. " I hug him tight.

"I don't expect you to be loving me back but I just needed to say this. " I say.

"Are you crazy? I haven't been dating for 2 years. Because I can't get you out of my head. I know I've been the worst boyfriend back in the days but that's not who I am today alright. I've changed, and I've learned from my mistakes and one of my biggest ones was letting you go." He holds my hands.

I flinch because he's holding my cuts and he quickly let them go.

He sprints to his kitchen and get's a band-aid.

"Here you go. " He sticks it on the cut and kisses my hand when he's done.

"I wish we were that young again. " I sigh.

"You're 25, I'm 26. We're not THAT old. " He chuckles and hugs me.

"God I've missed you. " I kiss his cheek and walk to the kitchen for some water.

"Trust me, I have missed you so much more. " He hugs me from behind and swirls me around so I'm facing him.

He leans in, and places his lips on mine.

Where they belonged after all.