"That Wasn't on the Shopping List"

"Honey are you ready?" I hear Hal say as I walk down stairs.
"Yep, let's go" we walk outside to the car.
"Okay so grocery store, and then we have to stop by the register quickly"
"I thought everything was good at the register?"
"It is, I just have to make some changes to an article, shouldn't take long"
"Okay"
*
We walk up and down the aisles checking things off the list as we go.
"Alright what's next?" Hal says as he places a cereal box in the cart.
"Um" I look over the list "Fruits and vegetables, specifically tomatoes, I need them for dinner tonight"
"Oh yeah, what is for dinner by the way?"
"Spaghetti"
"My favourite"
"Yours and Betty's" I smile "Oh shoot, speaking of spaghetti I forgot to put it on the list. I'll meet you in the vegetable section okay?"
"Okay"
I walk to aisle I need, and look for the spaghetti noodles. As I'm looking, I feel someone place their hands on my waist, startling me. I turn around and see FP.
"Woah, little scared there Alice?"
"FP, w-what are you doing here?"
"Getting groceries, this is a grocery store" he says with a smirk as he grabs something off the shelf.
"I know that, I mean what are you doing here on the Northside? Do they not have any groceries stores on the Southside?" I say sounding annoyed.
"Well they do, but I prefer buying certain things here. Better quality I guess... You don't seem to happy to see me"
"Not exactly fond of people coming up and grabbing my waist when my husband is nearby"
"Oh so if your husband wasn't nearby you'd be okay?" He says as he takes a step closer to me.
"FP, come on, you know what I mean. You and I both know Hal isn't your biggest fan so I don't think he'd be to happy seeing us together."
"Where is he exactly?"
"Fruit and vegetable aisle, why?"
"That's all the way across the store" he says as he he places his arm on a shelf above me.
"And your point is?"
"My point" he moves closer to me, his body touching mine. "Is that your husband is all the way across the store, meaning we're all alone"
"FP..." I start to say, but stop as he begins traveling his hand down my side. He kisses my cheek as he makes his way to my neck. He has a firm grip on my waist, and I never want him to let me go. He presses his lips against my neck, and I know he's leaving a mark, but I don't care. I hate how he does this to me, he can make me forget everything I feel and everything I know just by touching me.
He moves his hand from my waist to my butt, squeezing gently, he looks at me with a small grin, as he slowly inches his face closer to mine.
Out of the corner of my eye I notice Hal turn into the aisle.
"FP, stop, Hal's coming" I push him away from me, instantly missing the feeling of him against me.
"Honey? Who are you-" Hal starts saying but stops once FP turns to face him. Hal looks a little shocked, especially since he just saw FP Jones hovering over his wife in the pasta aisle. "Oh, FP, how are you?" Hal finally says.
"I'm good, yourself?" FP says, annoyance clear in his voice.
"Pretty good. I'm sorry did I interrupt something here?" Hal asks as he looks at us, his eyes landing on me as my cheeks grow hot.
"Oh no, no, actually I was just asking Alice if you two were free for dinner Friday night? Jug mentioned something about having all of you over, so when I saw Alice here I thought I'd ask her myself" FP says and I notice he has a small grin on his face.
"Oh, well that sounds like a great idea, and it just so happens that we are free Friday night. Thanks for the invite" Hal says, making my stomach turn.
Obviously FP and I can't be trusted to keep our hands off each other in a grocery store, let alone his house.
"Yeah no problem, I'll see you guys Friday I guess" FP says and walks away. I watch as he walks down the aisle, I wonder how far this would've gone if Hal wasn't with me. Would I be leaving with him right now?
"Well that was nice of him to invite us to dinner, don't you think honey?" Hal says snapping me out my thoughts.
"Oh, uh yeah. Really nice. Betty mentioned something about it the other day... Oh that reminds me, I need peaches" I smile a little as I remember Betty telling me FP liked the pie I made.
"Peaches? For what?"
"Peach Pie, I'll make it for dinner on Friday"
"Oh okay, well lets go get some then"
*
"Alright we have our groceries, now I have to stop at the register quickly and then we can go home" Hal says as he starts the car.
A little while later we arrive at the register.
"This should just take a few minutes" Hal says to me.
"Okay, well if you don't need my help with anything I'll just stay here"
"Okay, I'll be right back" he says before getting out of the car.
As I wait I check over the shopping list to make sure we didn't forget anything.
Tomatoes? Check.
Spaghetti? Check.
Peaches? Check.
FP almost kissing me in the pasta aisle?
Well that wasn't on the shopping list.