Perfect Little Mess

I wake up with a pounding headache. I look around confused, due to my morning hangover, as to where I am.
Then I clue in and realize I'm at FP's. Oh my god, did we have sex last night? Is that why I'm still here? Is that why I'm wearing his shirt instead of my own clothes?
We must've gotten really drunk for me not to have remembered any of this. I notice a second bottle on the coffee table and groan as my head continues to ache.
I stand up and walk to the kitchen. I see a shirtless FP standing at the stove making breakfast. I walk up behind him and wrap my arms around his waist as I lean up to kiss his cheek. "Good morning." I say quietly.
"Good morning, didn't know you were up yet." He says turning around to face me. He notices my outfit and smirks a little. "I forgot how good you look in my shirts." He says with a devilish grin. I blush a little as I look down at my feet. He places his finger under my chin and tilts my head up, kissing me softly. I kiss him back, neither of us noticing the bitter taste of alcohol on our breaths from the night before.
"I made you some coffee, also there's an aspirin on the counter, if you're feeling as awful as I am right now." He says mentioning the inevitable hangover.
"Maybe the second bottle of wine wasn't a good idea." I say causing him to laugh.
"Yeah maybe not." I lean up on my tippy toes to give him a quick kiss before walking over to the coffee mug on the counter. I take the aspirin and then take the coffee and walk over to sit at the counter. He's focusing on making breakfast but I can't help but think of the nagging question in the back of my mind.
"FP?"
"Yeah?" He says, not turning away from the stove.
"Did we... you know?" I ask. He turns to face me.
"No we didn't. I think we'd both remember that." He says and we laugh. 
I let out a sigh of relief. I mean I wouldn't have been mad if we had of, but I want it to be a little more special, and preferably, remember it.
"You're right" I smile "But why am I wearing your t-shirt and pretty much nothing else then? I mean I don't even remember changing into it."
"You were falling asleep on the couch while we were watching the movie. We sure as hell weren't sober enough to drive you back home, so we decided you'd stay the night. I gave you one of my shirts so you'd be more comfortable."
"Thanks." I smile. "How do you remember all that? I can hardly remember anything that happened after the first bottle of wine."
"Not my first hangover. Been drinking as long as I have it stops affecting your memory, at least for me it does." He says and I smile a little, then my smile quickly fades to a cringe and I jump up from my seat.
"Shit!" I exclaim as I run to get my purse.
"What's wrong?" FP asks, sounding concerned.
"I didn't text Hal saying I wouldn't be home this morning. If he realizes I'm not there he might call Hermione and she'll rat me out for sure."
I quickly type out a text to Hal.
Hey, sorry I didn't come home last night. We had a few drinks and I ended up crashing at Hermione's.
I wait for a response, praying that he hasn't already talked to Hermione.
Text Message From: Hal
Ah okay! I was a little worried when I woke up and you weren't here, was just about to call Hermione and see where you were.
I sigh from relief, perfect timing.
I send him another text:
I'll be home soon xo
Might as well keep up a bit of an act, the last think I need is for Hal to find out I spent the night at FP's. That wouldn't be good for any of us.
I walk back into the kitchen where FP is putting breakfast onto plates.
"Everything good?"
"He was just about to call Hermione, perfect timing."
"Good. You have time for breakfast?" He asks, holding a plate in his hand.
"Of course." I say and he smiles as he sets it in front of me.
He grabs his own plate and sits down beside me. We talk for a bit about everything and nothing, just sort of catching up. Then after we're done eating breakfast we both agree that I should probably leave soon since Jughead could come home any minute. We clean up our dishes from breakfast and then decide to go get dressed.
I follow him to his bedroom where my clothes are.
I grab my clothes off of the floor and catch his eye. He needs to get dressed too but I can tell he doesn't know whether to stay or leave to do it.
"I'll give you a minute." He says before turning to walk out of the room.
"FP..." I say before he leaves. "You don't have to go." I say laughing a little. It's not like it's his first time seeing me with hardly any clothes on. And I can pretty much guarantee I wasn't too shy when changing into his t-shirt last night. I watch as a grin threatens to form on his lips as he comes back into the room. He walks over to his dresser and pulls out some clothes and then starts getting dressed. I do the same, taking off his t-shirt and putting on my clothes from the day before.
We both finish dressing and he walks over to me, placing his hands on my waist. "I really don't want you to go." He says as he leans his forehead against mine.
"Me either." I say. "But we can do this again? Very soon?" I ask and he nods. I place my hands on the back of his neck as he leans in to kiss me.
*
I pull into my driveway and get out, still not over my night with FP, and still wishing I was with him.
I unlock the front door and walk inside. I set my purse and keys down and walk into the kitchen. "I'm home." I announce as I walk in.
"Hi honey." Hal says, taking a sip of orange juice. I place my hand on his shoulder and kiss cheek.
"Sorry I didn't call last night, totally slipped my mind."
"Don't worry about it honey." He smiles awkwardly from behind the newspaper.
Betty comes into the kitchen.
"Hi mom." She says before going to make herself a bowl of cereal.
"Morning Elizabeth."
I feel my heart ache a little as I look at us, a happy little family. But we're missing Polly, who's still at the Sisters, and she still hates me for sending her there. And I just cheated on my husband last night with my old high school boyfriend who I never got over.
We may look like the perfect family, but really, we're a perfect little mess.