Positive

Flashback
I open my eyes at the sound of someone knocking on my bedroom door, I hope and pray that it's FP but I know it's not. I've been up all night, didn't get any sleep, I couldn't stop thinking about him.
"Who is it?" I ask, trying my best to sound as calm as possible, like I haven't been crying all night.
"It's mom, honey."
I take a deep breath, not really wanting to talk about this but knowing I can't avoid it forever. "Come in."
She opens the door slightly and looks at me, curled up in my bed.
"Oh honey, what happened?" She asks as she walks over to me, she sits down on the edge of my bed.
"FP and I broke up."
"What? Why?" She looks shocked.
"We uh, we went to this party the other night and... I got hurt." I decided not to tell her exactly what happened, I don't want her to think he's all bad. "A gang member he hurt me, and FP saved me. He was so shaken up about the whole situation he said he didn't ever want me to have to go through something like that again. So he broke up with me to keep me safe."
"Honey, I'm so, so sorry."
"I love him, mom." I say, my voice breaking as I do.
"I know you do-"
"He said he loves me, that's the whole reason he did this. He couldn't bear it if anything were to happen to me."
"Let me tell you something," She starts, I sit up in my bed to listen more intently. "what you two have is something special, it may be hard but there's no doubt in my mind that this isn't over between you. It may take a while but I can almost guarantee you'll find your way back to each other."
"Thanks mom." I sniffle a little, I hope she's right. "How long exactly do you think it'll take?" I ask and she laughs softly.
"Could be a month, could be a year, could be 20 years. However long it takes I'm sure you'll find your way back to each other."
"Thanks mom."
"Now why don't you try and get some sleep, you don't look like you got any at all." She kisses my forehead before waking out of my room.
I lay there for a few minutes thinking about what my mom said, and oh how I hope she's right.
I suddenly get the urge to throw up so I get out of bed and hurry to the bathroom. I don't know what made me get sick but I don't feel well at all.
I flush the toilet and swig around some mouthwash to get rid of the bad taste. I go back to my room and see one of his flannels sitting on the chair in my room, he must've left it here. I smile a little when I see it, it's my favourite one he owns, he wore it the night we- I suddenly realize something.
He wore that flannel the night at SweetWater river when we had our 'first time'. I think about how I just threw up, and as I do the math in my head I come to a startling conclusion.
I rush to my dresser and change out of my pyjamas. I grab my purse and hurry downstairs.
"Hey, can I borrow the car for a little bit?" I ask my parents as I come downstairs.
"Sure, honey. Where are you going?" My dad asks.
"Hermione asked me to grab something to eat at Pops and go to the mall after." I lie but it works.
"That sounds nice, have fun."
"I will. See you later!"
I go outside and get into the car. I think of where to go and decide that it's best not to do this in town where somebody could see me. So I start the car and drive in the direction of Greendale.
*
I walk into the convenience store in Greendale and look around until I find what I'm looking for; a pregnancy test.
I grab one and get in line to pay for it, feeling completely embarrassed. The lady working cash looks at me, judging me without saying a word. A woman behind me in line gives me a sympathetic look and a sad smile. After I pay I go to the bathroom in the back of the store.
I lock the door and take the test. I set it on the counter and wait for the results. I don't even know how to feel right now, all I can think is how I wish FP was here with me, after all if I am pregnant it's his baby.
I look in the mirror and turn to the side. I pull up my t-shirt a little bit. My stomach does look more plump then usual but it's hardly noticeable.
I take a deep breath and close my eyes as I reach for the stick. I mentally countdown in my head before opening my eyes.
I feel numb as I look down at the stick, two faint little lines, positive... pregnant.