Hickey

We fall into a pattern, finding any excuse possible to see each other even if it's only for a few minutes.

"I don't want you to go." FP says as he drops a soft kiss to my lips.

"I don't want to go either but the kids are going to get suspicious eventually."

"Jug's at Archie's, you're fine." He kisses up behind my ear, distracting me in the most delightful way possible.

"But Betty is at home and she's already going to interrogate me when I get home, i don't need to make it easier for her."

"Fine." He says with a sigh as he moves his arm from around my waist.

"Don't worry," I say, leaning up to kiss the pout off of his lips. "I'll call you and I'll see you tomorrow."

After many more kisses I finally make it out of the trailer and to my own house. FP's trailer feels more like my home than my actual home does, the only thing making it feel like mine is the fact that Betty is there. But when she's gone, it's just me.

I unlock the front door and walk inside. "Where have you been, mom?" Betty asks the minute I walk inside, startling me.

"Betty you scared me."

"Don't change the subject mom, where were you?"

"At the register."

"That's what you've said every time you've gotten home late this week but I walked past there today and no one was there."

"Betty-"

"No mom where were-" she stops, her facial expression looking horrified and I just look at her, utterly confused. "Oh my god, mom! Is that a hickey?"

Shit. Damn FP Jones, that sneaky, sexy man.

"What? Where?" I try to play dumb as if I don't know what she's talking about. Even though I know all too well.

"Right there on your neck." Her voice dies down and she goes silent for a few moments. "Mom? Are you cheating on dad?"

"Betty, honey, listen-" I plead.

"No, mom! Are you having an affair?"
She adds onto her question before I can answer. "And don't lie to me. There's no way dad gave you that because he hasn't been here in weeks. So tell me the truth... are you cheating on dad?"

"Elizabeth..." she can tell I'm about to reason with her and she's not having any of it. She's like me that way, I used to think it was cute now I think it's terrifying.

"Answer the damn question, mom!"

"Yes." I answer quietly. Her eyes turn glossy and it breaks my heart. "I'm sorry, I'm so, so sorry honey."

"Save it." She stands up from her spot on the stairs and storms upstairs.

"Betty!" I call but she slams her door shut to block out my voice.

I sit down on the couch and try to hold back the tears. She was never supposed to find out like this... I'm not even sure she was ever supposed to find out. Loving FP had broken my heart once, how can I be sure it won't happen again?

I hear Betty's door open and I think she's coming down to talk about all of this with me. But instead I see a suitcase in her hands.

"Where are you going?" I ask, rushing over to her quickly.

"I'm moving in with dad, I already talked to him and he said it's fine. I'll come get more of my stuff later when you're not home."

"Honey please, let's talk about this."

"No, mom! I don't want to hear what you have to say. You kicked out dad because of what he did to Polly, I get why you were mad, I'm mad too, but I forgave him... I thought you could do the same."

"I can and I will!"

"Mom I don't even care if you forgive dad or not, I'm mad because you cheated on him." Her expressions grows sad and her eyes turn glossy. "Oh god... is that why you kicked dad out? So you could hook up with your new boyfriend without dad knowing?"

"No! Of course not. How dare you accuse me of something like that. I kicked out your father because he did some horrible things, not because I wanted to cheat on him."

"Just seems like convenient timing."

"I didn't kick him out because I wanted to 'hook up' with anyone. I didn't do a damn thing with anyone until I kicked him out. I didn't even think about it!" That's a lie. There were multiple times I wanted FP, I've wanted him throughout my whole marriage, I just never admitted it to myself. But then I saw him again, and all those feelings came back.

"I don't want to hear anything else mom. I don't want to hear your excuses. I'm going to dad's." I grab her hand that's twisting the doorknob and try to plead with her one last time not to go.

"Betty, wait!"

"No! Don't even try to reason with me right now... I can't even look at you." And with that she walks out the door, slamming it shut behind her, leaving me all alone.

Authors Note:
I finally updated! I'm sorry it took so long but I've finally given up on filler chapters so I should be able to update more frequently now that I'm where I want to be with this story.
Again I'm sorry it took so long, thank you for bearing with me anyway. I love you guys! I'll update soon!