Explaining

"Mom?" Betty says, trying to gain my attention as I just stare at her. "Who is that? Why is Mr Jones here?"

I'm about to answer but FP comes to the rescue. "I came to check up on your mom after I found out your dad and you left."

She raises an eyebrow at him and I can tell she doesn't completely believe him, but she seems to brush off her concerns and then focuses back on Charles. "Okay, that explains why you're here but I've never seen this person before. At least, I don't think so, you look a little familiar though." Shit.

I look at FP and raise an eyebrow at him. "FP can you help me with something in the kitchen?" I ask him. He nods and stands up to follow me in.

"Wait, mom, explain who this is first!"

"Give me a minute Elizabeth, calm down. I'm assuming you came here to pick up some things from your room, go do that while you wait for us."

"Whatever. You're explaining who this is when I get back." She says before storming off up to her room to ran her things.

I walk into the kitchen and FP comes up behind me. "What are you going to tell her?" He asks me.

"I don't know." I answer. "I really don't know... maybe we should tell her."

"Are you sure?"

"No but she's so mad at me, I don't think I can lie to her anymore, I can't risk fully losing her. She already has a brother, maybe I should just tell her that's him."

"Are you going to tell her he's mine?"

"I think we should wait until Jughead's here for that, Charles is his brother too."

"The minute we tell Betty who he is she's going to go right to Jughead and tell him her brother is back, so are you sure you want to tell her?"

I think on it for a moment before coming up with a solution. "One second." I say before walking to the stair case. "Betty?" I call out.

"Yeah?" She replies as she comes into view.

"Invite Jughead over."

"Why?" She questions.

"No questions Elizabeth, just tell him to come over as soon as possible." She looks at me confused but nods and goes back to her room.

I walk back into the kitchen and see FP leaning against the counter waiting for me. "Jughead is on his way." I tell him.

"So we're doing this?"

I round the counter to him and nod. "We're doing this." He opens his arms for me and I gladly lean into them, wrapping my own arms around his body as he hugs me tight.

I tilt my head up and pucker my lips for him to kiss and he does just that. We're interrupted when someone clears their throat and we leap away from each other thinking it's Betty. But when we look we see it's just Charles. "Sorry to interrupt." He says, laughing a little.

"It's okay, honey." I say, not even thinking twice about calling him honey, it just comes so naturally, he's my son... he's our son. "Is Everything alright?" FP asks him.

"Yeah I just had a question."

"Ask away."

"Do Betty and Jughead know who I am? That I'm their brother... that I'm your son?"

We both shake our heads. "No but Jughead is on his way and we'll be telling them together then." I tell him. "If you're okay with that of course."

"Yeah that's fine with me, and I would actually like to get to know them."

"They're great kids." FP says and I nod in agreement.

"I'm not sure how warm they'll be with you after finding out who you are but once they process it I'm sure they'd love to actually get to know you." I add.

"And we'd love to get to know you better," FP says, reaching his hand down to find mine.

"I'd like that." He says with a crooked smile that reminds me so much of FP.

Before we can say anything else the front door opens and we see Jughead wall in the house. Betty calls him upstairs and we watch from the kitchen as he walks up. I turn to Charles and FP. "I guess it's time to do some explaining."

FP takes my face in his hands and kisses me softly. "We got this, babe." He looks over at Charles. "You ready kid?" He nods. "Let's do this then."

FP takes my hand and leads me into the living room, gesturing for Charles to follow, time to face the kids.

_

Author's Note:
This was short, I'm sorry, but I hope you enjoyed anyway!