Don't Take The Girl

{Flashback 2/4}
FP's POV
I was so worried going into this, but things seems to be going fine. Alice hasn't left my side since we walked in, she's been holding onto my hand the entire time.
I think she was scared too, not as scared as me but she's had her fair share of encounters with the Serpents. She's seen how the Serpents can be, especially that asshole Mustang. The way he treats her makes me want to kill him. He does it because he knows it bothers me, I've tried to hide it the best I could, for her sake, but it's almost impossible. I want to knock him out the minute he lays his filthy eyes on her and he knows it. He says he'd watch himself from now on, ever since I threatened him, but I find it hard to believe.
She seems to be having a good time though, after the first few minutes she seemed to loosen up. Loosening her grip on my hand but still holding it. We've been having a conversation with my friend and fellow Serpent, Marcus Micelli and his girlfriend Silver Topaz. Odd name but nice girl,  and her and Alice seem to be getting along really well.
"Baby, I have to go the bathroom." Alice says quietly and I nod.
"Would you excuse us for a minute we'll be right back" I say to them.
"I have to go too, I'll come with you so FP can stay here and catch up with Marcus" Silver says.
"Oh that's alright I really don't mind" I say trying to get her to forget the idea. Or at least let me stand outside the door so I know they're safe.
"Nonsense. Look, I know you two haven't really spoken a lot lately so here's your chance to catch up."
"I don't know..." I look down at Alice. I was the one who told her not to leave my side and now I'm the one leaving her. "Just be careful and hurry back. And don't leave without each other alright?" Silver laughs a little and nods, I don't think she cares about the danger looming around here. It's not always safe for us Serpents let alone two naive newcomers.
"I'll be right back baby." Alice says, squeezing my hand for comfort. She smiles that gorgeous smile of hers that makes me weak in the knees before turning and following Silver.
I grab her arm quickly, turning her towards me. I place my hand on her cheek and kiss her.
"Be careful baby" I whisper in her ear.
"I will" she gives me a comforting smile before walking away with Silver. I watch them until they're out of my sight. Even though she's with somebody I'm still scared something's going to happen to her. She's the most important person in my life... I don't know what I would do if anything happened to her.
"Great girl you got there" Marcus says snapping me out of my thought.
"Yeah she's the best. You got yourself a good one too. How'd you two meet?
"Crossed paths a few times here and there, I always thought she was stunning but I never thought she would go for someone like me so I never acted on it. Plus I'm a Southside Serpent and a lot of times girls aren't too crazy about that. Anyway one day we bumped into each other and she just asked me to hang out with her, we've been together ever since. How about you and your girl?"
"Well I mean we go to high school together but we never talked, never had the same classes either, she always caught my eye though. I like to think I caught hers. She's an honour student, journalism major. Anyway I went into the local diner and she was working there as a waitress. It took me a while to get her to agree to let me take her out. But after the first date I knew she wasn't some fling. We hung out for a while during the school months, mainly on weekends. And then when Summer came I don't know what happened. We were just spending all of our time together and things became serious. Now she's my whole world, I couldn't imagine being with anyone else"
"Seems like she's the real deal" Marcus says and before I can answer Silver comes running up to us. I start to panic when I don't see Alice anywhere nearby.
"Babe what's going on? Where's Alice?" Marcus asks.
"I- I don't know. Everything was fine, we left the bathroom and were walking back to you guys and then I looked behind me and she was gone. I don't know where she went." Silver says, visibly freaked out.
I feel like someone has punched me in the gut. Where could she be? She promised she wouldn't go anywhere without me knowing and I know she wouldn't break that promise willingly. Then it hits me.
"I gotta go find her now" I say as I sprint off in search of her.
That bastard, I'll kill him. I mutter to myself. I check every room in the building, no sight of her or Mustang. I start getting even more panicked as I grow out of places to look. Then I see a door leading out back somewhere. I push through it and look around outside. At first I don't see anyone or anything, and then I hear the muffled cries of someone. I look again and see him, across the lot hovering over Alice. She's flailing around trying to somehow get him off of her. I rush towards them, growing angrier by the second as I hear her muffled screams.
"Get the hell away from her!" I yell at Mustang as I run up to where he is. He's straddling her as she lays there helpless, unable to fight him off. Her shirt is torn apart, her serpent jacket is nowhere to be seen, and the button of her jeans are open. That bastard. I want to be sick.
"Well, well, well look who finally decided to show up." he taunts. Mustang gives me an evil grin as he runs his hands down Alice's body. She squirms underneath him trying to get away as she cries, she's terrified. I'm going to kill him. I want to kill him for even looking at her. I grab Mustang by the collar of his jacket and, with all my strength, yank him away from her. My heart breaks as she curls up, covering her ears as she cries. I'm about to run to her when Mustang grabs my jacket.
"You made a big mistake boy" Mustang says as he scrambles to his feet. I punch him hard and shove him to the ground. He stares up at me, startled from my sudden amount of strength.
"You listen to me and you listen good. You can break my bones, beat me, hurt me, kill me. But don't you dare touch her. Ever! Or you'll be real sorry that you did, you got that?" I yell before I let go of the grip my hand had on the collar of his jacket. Mustang nods in response as he stands up slowly. He wipes away the blood from his lip where I punched him. I'm shocked when he doesn't try and hurt me back. Instead a silent agreement passes between us and he walks back into the building. I quickly run over to Alice who is still in fetal position on the ground, she tenses up as soon as she feels my hand on her.
"Shhhh, baby it's okay. It's me" I say softly and she slowly lifts her head up. As soon as she knows it's me for sure she grabs onto me. Clinging to me so tight I don't think she'll ever let go, and I'm not sure I want her to.
"Are you okay? Did he hurt you?" I ask as I run my fingers through her hair. She doesn't say a word, she just nods as she buries her head into my shoulder, crying uncontrollably.
"I was so scared" she says as she slowly leans back to face me. "He-he grabbed me as Silver and I were walking out of the bathroom. He had his hand over my mouth and he was touching me and kissing me all over. And then he pushed us out the back door and he brought me over here." tears stream down her face as she recalls everything that just happened. "He-he hit me, and then he... FP I thought he was going to-" I cut her off before she can finish. I don't want to hear her say it as much as she doesn't want to say it. I look down and see her t-shirt is torn open. There's hardly any fabric left covering her body. I want to throw up. I take off my jacket and wrap it around her. She wraps my jacket tightly around herself and leans back into me.
"He didn't though right?"
"No. But he was so close, he would've if you hadn't of came out. FP I was terrified. I thought he would hurt me and then kill me. And I was even more scared he would kill you." she cries into my chest as I hold her tight.
"Shhh, baby it's okay, you're safe now. I'm never going to let him or anyone hurt you ever again." I hold her tight as she cries. I hate that I let her out of my sight, this is all my fault. I knew it wasn't safe for her here. I'll kill Mustang with my own two hands if he even dares to look at her again.