Weird

It was a rainy night, if it wasn't for [Y/n]'s umbrella, she would've been all wet by now. The wind was as much cold as the weather. The only thing keeping [Y/N] warm was her long sleeved blue jacket. But not even the bad weather could keep the girl away from those kittens...
Yes, [Y/N] had found a couple of abandoned young kittens a week ago in a box near her place. She wanted to keep them, but she wasn't aloud to bring animals to her apartment.

"I'm sorry..." [Y/N] whisperd once again, as she gave them food and water. The girl then reached her hand to each one of them to pet their little heads.
The cats started purring, one by one as [Y/N] pet them. Sadly enough, that made her feel even more guilty for not being able to help them more.

"I'll come back tomorrow, don't worry..." she assured the poor animals, before putting the umbrella in a way that did not allow the rain to reach them.
Before being able to turn around, [Y/N] heard someone 'sniffing' behind her.

"...Wow... I... I think I'm about to cry..." A weird red-haired guy said, acting all dramatical. 'Jesus Christ' she thought for herself, almost falling back from the sudden surprise 'Where did he come from?!'.

"Wha-? Who are you? Why are you here? Were you watching me the whole time??" She asked, as she was almost 100% sure no one was there besides her. Were did he suddenly appear from?...

"Ayy, calm down, no need to interrogate me out of nowhere, missy" he laughed "I just come to this place when I have nothing better to do, since there are usually a lot of cats here..." the guy explained, grinning.

"...You... Come here to observe cats?.." [Y/N] almost cringed. 'That's kinda creepy...'.

"Well, yeah. I just... love them very much, ya know?" he then made a serious face "Then... I saw that dramatic scene you made there, and I..." he sniffed once again, as he dramatically posed "I almost cried... And I thought 'I' loved cats..!"

The weird dude then slowly put his hand on the girl's shoulder with all his might "I respect you" he said, as his eyes sparkled. [Y/N] sweatdropped "...Okay... Um... Cool..." The girl tried faking a smile, almost failing, as she felt totally uncomfortable. 'He gives me goosebumps...' you thought for yourself, trying not to show how weirded out you truly were.

"I think I'll go then..." She tried to ditch the crazy boy "...Bye" The girl then immediately started to walk away, going faster by each step she took.

He just stared for a while, before immediately going after her. As if something finally clicked inside his head. "Wait, you're going home with no umbrella? Just... Going to get all wet?" the guy asked, concern in his voice. "Yes, my apartment isn't too far away, anyway..." she responded, trying to get rid of him in a 'not so rude' way. 'It's not nice to behave like that... But he's a goddamn stranger!' [Y/n] stated the obvious for herself, just to make sure she was doing what was the normal way of reacting to this situation.

He then managed to reach her, for the girl was slowing down due to being so lost into her thoughts "You can have mine" the guy gave her the umbrella before putting on his hood, a determinate and gentle look on his face. She blushed slighly, a bit surprised by the sudden and unexpected kind gesture "What? No! I'm fine!" The girl then tried to reason with him "Besides, you might need it someday and I wont be able to give it back!"

He smiled "Nah, it's okay. Think of it as a reward for being so nice to those kittens" the guy said, smiling widely, before walking away, humming something to himself that the girl was not able to hear.
'What a weirdo...' You snorted as you thought for yourself, before walking away as well. 'He's kinda cool tho...? I guess...'