Paperback writer

Chapter 14

Lucy's POV

   I was feeling a lot better the next day and decided to pay the Beatles a visit. I knocked on the blue door and Ringo answered it immediately. "How do you feel today?" He asked me. "I feel a lot better and I'm ready to work on the next song," I said back. "Great," he said while letting me in.

   I saw George and John sitting on their beds wearing lots of bandages and plasters. I wonder what happened. "What happened to you two?" I curiously asked. "Uhhh We fell," answered John. "It kind of doesn't look like it," I replied. "Never mind about these things, lets write the song," said Paul as he jumped right in front of us.

   We needed some fresh air because it was really hot in the house, so we went to a green house nearby. It was beautiful and I could tell that George was fascinated by all the plants. Apparently they all brought sunglasses. I didn't know we'd need them.

   We started writing and named it Paperback writer. It took us quite a while because George was mostly focused on the plants than the song. But we finally finished it and it goes like this:

   "Paperback writer. Dear sir or madam will you read my book, it took me years to write will you take a look. It's based on a novel by a man named Lear, and I need a job so I want to be a paperback writer, paperback writer. It's a dirty story of a dirty man, and his clinging wife doesn't understand. His son is working for the daily mail, it's a steady job but he wants to be a paperback writer, paperback writer. Paperback writer. It's a thousand pages give or take a few, I'll be writing more in a week or two. I can make it longer if you like the style, I can change it round and I wanna be a paperback writer, paperback writer. If you really like it, you can have the rights, it can make a million for you overnight. If you must return it you can send it here, but I need a break and I wanna be a paperback writer, paperback writer. Paperback writer. Paperback writer, paperback writer, paperback writer, paperback writer, paperback writer."

   We were so proud of it and I think this has to be one of my favorites, that is until we make one that's better than this song.

   The lads disappeared after we made the song and left me alone with the plants. I decided to follow them. I found them outside the green house smoking. I didn't know they smoked. (I know they do but Lucy doesn't know) If they do that then I won't complain. Although smoking isn't really a good habit.

   I overheard them talking and hid behind a bush. "I think that song came out really well," said Ringo. "Yeah it did, especially since Lucy was here to help," said George. I smiled to myself. "My arm still hurts," said John. "You may be young but you're quite strong George." I felt confused. Did George hurt him? "You were quite strong too," George answered back. Did they have a fight or something?

   I decided to walk up to them. "Hey guys," I said. "Hi," they all said. "So does your arm still hurt John?" I asked "Yes, it was quite a rough fall," He answered while smiling awkwardly like I put him on the spot. "How did you fall?" I asked while raising an eyebrow.

   "Well..." started George and he started to trail off. "We were walking down a hill and we both tripped," John quickly said. I could tell they were lying. "Please tell me what really happened to you guys," I practically begged. They all sighed in defeat. "Fine but please promise you won't freak out or anything," said John. "I promise," I said back. I felt a little nervous with what they were about to say.

   "We had a fight," said George. A look of shock came over my face. "A fight!?" I asked in surprise. "John and I fought over..." he started to trail off. "Over what?" I said in confusion. "You," he finished. I was completely speechless. "Are you ok?" asked Paul. "I can't believe you guys would do that," I said back in a little frustrated tone. "We're sorry but we apologized to each other," said John. I didn't know what to do anymore so I walked away a little.

   "Where are you going?" asked Ringo. "Away from you guys, I didn't want you guys to fight over me, I understand why you guys like me but I didn't want any of you to get hurt, and I failed at that, so I will leave you before anyone else gets hurt," I said back. They looked so sad. I walked all the way home and sat right down on the couch. I turned on the radio and apparently We can work it out was playing. Right when the song started I started to cry a little. I can't believe I got 2 of them hurt. I couldn't stop thinking about it. I hope they'll do fine without me, they have before. Maybe I should start writing songs on my own because I have a talent at that. 

   I then grabbed some supplies and started to write.