Hello, goodbye

Chapter 19

   I woke up the next morning and saw my painting. I felt really happy about it and I actually really wanted to share it with the other lads. But before I could do anything, my phone started to ring. I picked it up and said, "Hello?"

   "Lucy!" said the voice on the other end. I recognized that voice all too well. It was my best friend in the whole wide world! I haven't heard from her in forever. "Hey Becca! I haven't heard from you in so long!" I said really excited. We both live in Liverpool, but on different streets. 

   Becca and I have known each other since we were 5 years old. Her real name is Rebecca, but my nickname for her is Becca since it's shorter. We sort of split up a little during high school since she moved schools. I missed her so much after that. It's so awesome that I finally get to talk to her again!

   "So how have you been?" I asked curiously. "Good, but some stuff just isn't the same without you," she answered. "I feel you," I said back. "So has anything good happened?" I asked. "Yes, I've been listening to the radio a lot and getting into some bands or artists," she said. "Like who?" I asked. "Well Chuck Berry, The Monkees, and best of all, the Beatles!" I smiled to myself.

   "I listen to the Beatles a lot too," I said. "I wish I could meet them, it's nice that they are here in Liverpool, but a little further from me," she said a little upset. "I'll tell you what, if you can come to my house in about a few days, we can listen to them together," I said. "I would love that!" she said very excitedly. Oh believe me, she will love it!

   It was about 3 days later that I mostly had some me time when my doorbell went off. I opened the door and engulfed Becca in the hugest hug we could do. "You haven't changed a bit," she said to me. "Neither have you," I said back. We both walked over to the couch and I grabbed my little radio. I turned it on and they were playing commercials. Those always annoy me because I really want to hear music.

   But we listened to them and finally they played some music. First we heard Jailhouse Rock by Elvis Presley. Becca and I were doing impressions of him and I laughed so hard when she started talking like him. Next we heard Bohemian Rhapsody by Queen. I love that song and sang along with it. Becca didn't know the words too well and just listened. Then we finally heard a Beatles song. It was She loves you. one of mine and Becca's favorites. We were both singing this like crazy and hug each other when it ended. "I wish we could do this often," she said. 

   I had a great idea. "Would you like to go for a walk?" I asked her. "Sure," she said. "It's a nice day for it." We left the house and I called a friend. "Hey can you guys meet me at the park please?" I asked into the phone. "Who are you talking to?" asked Becca. "Oh just a friend of mine," I answered. "Oh ok."

   I put my phone in my pocket and we walked to the park. It was pretty much empty, so we won't be disturbed. "So was your friend coming here?" she curiously ask. "Yeah," I said. "Ok." We waited for a little bit and my phone rang again. I answered it. "Are you guys here?" I asked. "Do you have your instruments?" "Ok good, now start playing and singing, we'll find you," I said then hung up.

   At that instant we heard music. It kind of sounded like tuning. "What's that?" Becca asked. "Lets follow it," I suggested. We both stood up and followed the music. At that point, I saw the lads standing on the grass with their instruments and Becca was in shock. She wasn't moving at all. They started to play and we both smiled at the lads. "Omg, Lucy did you know they were going to be here?" she asked. "Yes I did," I said. She smiled and hugged me. "Thank you," she said. "Anything for my friend!" I said happily. Then they finally played their song:

   "You say yes, I say no, you say stop, and I say go, go, go. Oh no. You say goodbye and I say hello. Hello, hello. I don't know why you say goodbye I say hello. Hello, hello. I don't know why you say goodbye I say hello. I say high, you say low, you say why, and I say I don't know. Oh no. You say goodbye and I say hello. Hello, hello. I don't know why you say goodbye I say hello. Hello, hello. I don't know why you say goodbye I say hello. Why, why, why, why, why do you say goodbye, goodbye, bye, bye, bye. Oh no. You say goodbye and I say hello. Hello, hello. I don't know why you say goodbye I say hello. Hello, hello. I don't know why you say goodbye I say hello. You say yes, I say no, you say stop, and I say go, go, go. Oh no. You say goodbye and I say hello. Hello, hello. I don't know why you say goodbye I say hello. Hello, hello. I don't know why you say goodbye I say hello. Hello, hello. I don't know why you say goodbye I say hello o o o o o . Hello."

   We both clapped and they bowed. "So Becca, these are my friends, John, Paul, George, and Ringo," I pointed out. They all waved at her and she waved back. "If you knew about this, then who were you talking to on the phone?" she asked. "George," I answered. He then walked down and put an arm around me. "So your Lucy's best friend," he said. "Yes, I am," she said a little shy. 

   "Who's your favorite Beatle?" asked John. "That's very difficult but if I had to choose one, I would say Paul," she answered. Paul smiled and walked up to her. "It's very nice to meet you Becca," he said while holding his hand out. She shook it and it looked like her hand was shaking. "What's your real name?" he asked. "Rebecca," she answered. "I like that one more, so that's what I'll call you," he said. They smiled at each other. This was adorable.

   Later that day, Becca and I went back to my house. She was going to spend the week with me. This is going to be the best week ever!!