Eleanor Rigby

Chapter 16

Lucy's POV

   I was reading a very interesting book I found at the library this morning when I heard the doorbell ring. I opened it and saw George holding a little submarine. "We made these yesterday and I made a spare for you," he said. "Thank you," I said kindly back.

   I put it on a shelf next to my song that I wrote a few days ago. "Would you like to come over?" he asked after the few second silence. "Sure," I answered back. "I've got nothing else to do today." 

   George and I went through his door and we saw the lads sitting on their beds. They immediately looked up. "Dang it," I think I heard George mumble to himself. "We were thinking of seeing a movie," said Paul. "What kind?" I asked. "It's a surprise," answered John.

   We left to go to the nearest theater and there were a lot of people here. The lads were wearing hats and sunglasses to protect their identities. They really didn't want to be chased today. We got out tickets and went into the room.

   There was a lot of people in this theater and I think I knew why. It was a very popular movie and almost everyone here and around the world love it. We were seeing Help. I never saw this before so this would be very interesting. 

   The movie was great and I loved hearing all the songs that we made. When we were leaving, someone stopped us. "You guys look just like the Beatles," she said almost in surprise. "Uh no, maybe there are lots of look a likes but no," answered John. "Oh ok," she said while walking away. I bet the Beatles hate doing that to their fans but they still don't want to be chased.

   We went back to the house and they took their disguises off. "Finally, I can see again," said Ringo while setting his hat down. "We should write a song," said Paul. He always sounds so excited when suggesting that. It's quite funny when he just springs out of his seat and yells that. 

   Paul really wanted to sing this song so John let him. He was so happy. We wrote the song for about 4 hours and it came out well. It was called Eleanor Rigby. It goes like this:

   "Ah, look at all the lonely people. Ah, look at all the lonely people. Eleanor Rigby, picks up the rice in a church where a wedding has been, lives in a dream, waits at the window, wearing a face that she keeps in a jar by the door. Who is it for? All the lonely people, where do they all come from? All the lonely people, where do they all belong. Father Mackenzie, writing the words of a sermon that no one will hear. No one comes near, look at him working, darning his socks in the night when there's nobody there. What does he care? All the lonely people, where do they all come from? All they lonely people, where do they all belong? Ah, look at all the lonely people. Ah, look at all the lonely people. Eleanor Rigby, died in the church and wads buried along with her name, nobody came. Father Mackenzie, wiping the dirt from his hands as he walks from the grave, no one was saved. All the lonely people, where do they all come from? All the lonely people, where do they all belong?"

   After the song, I was so exhausted that I fell asleep right in front of them. They all smiled to themselves. It was pretty late anyway. George picked me up bridal style and placed me in his bed. He decided to sleep on the couch. They all fell asleep too. I kept thinking about that song all night and then an idea came to my head. I couldn't wait to tell them my idea.