Something

George's POV

Chapter 24

   I was in such a good mood the next day. The lads looked like they didn't even want to get out of bed. John was still sleeping, Ringo was just laying there staring at the ceiling, and Paul was reading. They looked quite comfortable. I was just sitting on my bed looking around and thinking of what I wanted to do. At that point I had an idea.

   I grabbed Paul's book out of his hands, yanked him out of bed, and took him to the sitting area. "What is so important that you had to take me away from my very comfortable bed and good book?" He asked slightly annoyed.

   "I have a really good idea that will make both Lucy and Rebecca really happy," I started. "Boy you just love making those girls happy don't you," said Paul. "It's our job," I said happily. I whispered my idea to Paul and he smiled. John and Ringo walked in and we told them too. They seemed happy and were excited to see what would happen.

   So first off in my plan, Paul and I both need to write a song. I wrote a beautiful song and it sounded great when I hummed it. Paul's sounded good too! Second, he had to call Lucy and I had to call Rebecca. We both said the exact same thing to them. Here is what we said:

   "Hi, I wanted to do something special for Lucy/Rebecca and would love it if you would help me and surprise them! Please don't tell Lucy/Rebecca because it wouldn't be much of a surprise if they found out!"

   I told Rebecca so Lucy won't know and Paul told Lucy so Rebecca won't know. I hope this would go well. We all went to the park later that day and we needed to bring our instruments because we said we needed to rehearse. Well to us, it wasn't exactly a rehearsal.

   I tuned up my guitar and hummed the first few bars. Paul did the same thing to make sure that we were ready. We were good and Paul motioned for Lucy to come forward. She stood up and she looked confused.

   We started playing our instruments and I began to sing my beautiful song called Something:

   "Something in the way she moves, attracts me like no other lover. Something in the way she woos me. I don't want to leave her now, you know I believe in how. Somewhere in her smile she knows, that I don't need no other lover. Something in her style that shows me. I don't want to leave her now, you know I believe in how. You're asking me will my love grow, I don't know, I don't know. You stick around now it may show, I don't know, I don't know. Something in the way she knows, and all I have to do is think of her, something in the things she shows me. I don't want to leave her now, you know I believe in how."

   Lucy was so happy and I think I saw some tears in her eyes. I set my guitar down and ran right up to her. She hugged me so tight and her tears fell on my shirt. I felt like I wanted to cry too. After that, Lucy sat back down and I grabbed Rebecca's hand to stand her up. Paul began with his tune:

   "There were bells on a hill, but I never heard them ringing, no I never heard them at all, till there was you. There were birds in the sky, but I never saw them winging, no I never saw them at all, till there was you. Then there was music and wonderful roses, they tell me in sweet fragrant meadows, of dawn and dew. There was love all around, but I never heard it singing, no I never heard it at all, till there was you. Then there was music and wonderful roses, they tell me in sweet fragrant meadows of dawn and dew. There was love all around, but I never heard it singing, no I never heard it at all, till there was you. Till there was you."

   When he said the last "Till there was you," he took her hand and they kissed! She looked like she was also about to start crying and Paul was sweating so much. "My plan worked like a charm!" I said proudly. John and Ringo smiled. Lucy walked up to me. Her face was cleaned from her tears and she leaned in. We kissed!

   We all walked back to our house and we all sat right down either on the couch or floor. We also put out instruments away. After a few minutes, Lucy pulled me into the kitchen. "I just wanted to say I loved that song so much! And how did Rebecca know about this and I didn't? I thought Paul was just going to sing to her," she said.

   "I called and told Rebecca about it so you wouldn't know, Paul only told you about what he was going to do so Rebecca wouldn't know," I answered. She smiled and said, "You're very cheeky George Harrison," she said in a funny way. I grinned at her and gave a crooked smile. I can tell she loves my smile by her look.

   We walked back out to find almost everyone fast asleep. The only ones still awake were Ringo and Rebecca. They just kept looking around and couldn't make any noise to wake John and Paul. They are cranky when you wake them up. Sometimes it's funny and sometimes it's just terrifying, especially Paul. We all know he needs his beauty sleep.

   But we sat down and Lucy and I held hands pretty much the whole time. Nothing will ever come between me and her. Same with Paul and Rebecca. She fell asleep on his shoulders and I saw them also holding hands. They are so cute. Paul's a lucky guy to have a girl like Rebecca. But I will always feel lucky to have such an awesome girl like Lucy!