Night Rider

P.s - This chapter is only 1100 words long. The longest chapter in the book is over 3000 words long, and normally they are 1500-2000 words long.

I HATE Night Rider! Even if he attacks our worst enemies, I will defend them just so I can kill him. I will kill him. Ughhhh!!! I ran up the hill to Stoick's hut and I barged right in. I obviously surprised him as he shot up and knocked his head on a low beam on the roof.

"Astrid? Ever heard of knocking?" He said. Stoick had treated me a little nicer than he did to the rest of the village, almost like a daughter, since ... since the Hiccup incident.

"Sorry. But a boat washed up on our shores! The people on board say that the Night Rider attacked them!" I said quickly, slaming my fists on the table in anger.

"Astrid, calm down." He said calmly, yet strongly.

"I will kill him! After what he did to us!" I shouted, pushing dirty plates and mugs off the table in anger so they clattered onto the floor with a deafening noise.

"Astrid." He said calmly. I felt my face go scarlet with rage and hatred - Night Rider saved the Nightmare which killed Hiccup! He is the reason that I couldn't get revenge: get revenge and kill the dragon who killed him! That is the only dragon that I AM going to kill. Stoick tried to calm me down as best he could. He was the only one who I had shown my true colours too, and I didn't pretend to he a strong, violent girl when I was with him. He knew that I had had a crush Hiccup, and he knew why I hated Night Rider...

"Astrid. I have a plan on how we can capture Night Rider." Stoick said strongly. "And in my plan, you get to kill him."

I started smiling faintly. "Really?! How?" I asked intrigued and furious at the same time. I stood up straight and felt the heat drain from my face as I began to feel shocked.

"Meet me in the Great Hall in an hour. Get everyone there. I am going to talk to the men on the boat." Stoick said, exiting his house. I felt like a maniac; a maniac fuelled on madness. I grabbed my axe and ran out of the house and threw it at a tree. I smiled. This was going to be amazing. I picked up my axe and walked smuggly down the path towards the Great Hall.

"Umm... Astrid?" Asked Fishlegs, "are you okay? Why are you smiling?"

I stopped in my tracks, turned and smiled. I hadn't smiled in a long time, and I guess that put people on edge when they saw me smiling now. "I am going to kill him, Fishlegs! Go to the Great Hall. The Chief wants to make an announcement." I smiled again and stomped off towards the Great Hall leaving a confused Fishlegs behind.

"Kill who Astrid?" Asked Snotlout appearing from behind a shrub.

"I will kill YOU if you eavesdrop!" I said, holding my axe above my head threateningly, "all will become clear in the Great Hall. Gather everyone up." I said strongly. I couldn't wait to hear the plan.

-The Great Hall-

"Okay. So you are all wondering why I called you here." Said Stoick. I stood to his right and the washed up men on his left. I was smirking, and earning a few whispers from the crowd. I hadn't smiled since Hiccup left and it felt weird to be doing it again. "Our friends from across the archipelago were attacked by Night Rider." This earned a few whispers from the vikings, but Stoick continued. "I have a plan to take out Night Rider. But first, you need to tell us everything about your attack." Stoick said, pointing at the men.

A tall, blond haired one stood forward who had a chipped ram's horn helmet on. "Well, the first thing he did was land in our village. Both him and his dragon were covered in black armour. We couldn't see his face, or his dragon, but we didn't recognise the shape of it either. He demanded that we free the dragons who were held in our training area. Of course we said no. We weren't going to free them so they could just attack us again and steal our food! He asked again and again: we still said no. Then he flew up on his own dragon and blasted the iron cages himself! The blast was purple, similar to a Night Fury's, but we haven't seen them for decades. The dragons flew out and took the sheep with them! The cage was destroyed and the next thing we know a fire had started and we ran for our lives! We ended up sailing to Berk. Everyone else perished..." He concluded, sadly. A question nipped at the back of my mind.

"Did he take anything else?" I asked, stepping forward so they could see me. "Apart from freeing the dragons?"

"No, just the dragons." Another replied.

"He did that to us! He stole the Nightmare which killed Hiccup! I am going to kill him! For what he did!" I shouted, swinging my axe through the air in anger.

"And you shall, Astrid." Stoick said calmly, "I have a plan to take him down."

I looked up to Stoick, gripping my axe. I couldn't wait to kill Night Rider. It would be a dream come true.

"We will invite him over, pretending that we want to be allies. He will need persuasion though... We will offer Astrid as his wife." Stoick said. I gripped my axe tightly and turned to face him, my axe threateningly close to his throat. The crowd looked shocked and a few closer vikings pointed their weapons at me. "Let me finish, Astrid." Stoick said. I lowered my trusty axe, and so did everyone else who had pointed their weapons at me, but I still glared at him threateningly. "When he comes, we offer Astrid, in return for peace with him. He should come up to you. Really close to you to look at you, as you will supposedly be his future wife. When he does we will run out, attack his dragon while you finish him with an axe." Stoick concluded. I thought for a bit. What if it went wrong? What if he took me? It was a simle plan, but would simple work?

"Yes." I said. Even if it failed, there is no point living without Hiccup. A cheer erupted from the vikings. Revenge would be sweet.