The Two Alphas

This will be shorter chapter than the previous - only about 2000 words.

-Stoick's pov-

I held my breath and waited for the impact of the fiery ball of Hel from the humongous dragon. My heart was in my throat which made it had to breathe, and yet I strangely felt calm. For us vikings, if you die in battle you go to Valhalla, where as if you die of a stupid cause (like eating a rotten fish) you go to Helheim, and if I were to die now, then I will go to Valhalla and reunite with Valka.

However, death did not greet me. I opened my eyes again when a huge bash sounded above me. To my surpise, the icy dragon had knocked the fiery dragon so that its shot wasn't accurate and instead the ball of flames hit the rock formation above me, causing rocks to fall down. I scrambled up, ignoring the fear that laced my heart, and ran back to where my awaiting tribe was, who were frozen in shock.

"Defend yourselves!" I commanded. This awoke them and they held their weapons out infront of them, their shields to the sides and charged at the remaining attackers who were too transfixed by what was happening by the beasts. I turned around to watch the monsters.

The icy one had tusks which protruded from its face and it was using them to bash the fiery one. The two humans atop of them seemed to be fighting too, just verbally instead of physically. The fiery one's rider (Drago) was shouting and thrashing his sword around in a violent manner, not actually hitting anything, and was growing red in the face. The woman held her staff across her body and was shouting equally as loud while trying to keep her balance ontop of the moving dragon. I managed to hear a glimpse of their shouting match.

"How dare---!" Screamed Drago.

"---Promised!" Shouted the woman.

"-----Kill---!" Drago screamed.

"Try me!" Shouted the woman.

"Chief!" Said Astrid, running up behind me. I spun around to see her, Tuffnut Thorston and an unknown girl.

"Who are you!" I demanded, placing my axe inches from her neck.

"Heather Oswaldon. Ex-chief of the Beserker tribe." Heather answered.

"No your not. Dagur is chief. Don't lie to me!" I said. How could this girl be an ex-chief? Dagur the Deranged is chief and he took over straight from his father and this girl was too young to have been chief before him.

"I am his sister. We were outcasted." Heather answered calmly.

"But that is not why we came to you." Astrid said briskly. "Heather recently created and administered her version of the antidote against the Moonspines to Hiccup, so he might live!"

"Might?" Questioned Stoick.

"I dunno if it works with Deadly Nadder venom. In my tribe we always used Razorwhip venom." Heather said.

"A Razorwhip?! How awesome!" Said Tuff. We hadn't seen a Razorwhip in over eight years.

"Yeah, the poison is in its tears." Heather informed him, "Anyway, he might live. And if he does live, he should awake soon."

XxXxXxXxXxXx

-Third person pov-

"How dare you!" Screamed Drago, "You have no authority to protect him!"

"You went back on our promise!" Valka screached back from her Bewilderbeast, brandishing her staff threateningly, anger gleaming in her eyes.

"I will kill you!" Screamed Drago in anger, waving his spiked spear around, bashing it against the side of his Red Death which then caused it to charge forward towards the Bewilderbeast and Valka.