Imprisoned

-Hiccup Pov-

I flew straight back to Berk. Thoughts followed me wherever I went, always different scenarios and outcomes and questions and answers popping in and out of my head making me feel like I was going to explode. We took an average speed flight to Berk - we didn't zoom back as I was 96% sure that Astrid was on Berk, and Toothless was still very tired from the very many flights that day, but also because I didn't especially want to face the wrath of the gang, tribe and... and my father. I still had no plan on how I was going to tell him who I truely was, or if I ever was, but if I stayed as an enemy to the gang for long enough, I guess my secret will be spilled, even though I highly doubt he will believe it...

I couldn't believe that I had awoken a Red Death. That was stupid... But how was I supposed to know? Toothless had tried to keep me company on the journey, but all it did was push my mind back to all those times, good and bad, I spent with Toothless and most importantly, all the times I had spent with Astrid and Toothless.

The sea below us was churning rapidly with the oncoming storm and all dragons were stearing really far away from it, except the sea dragons of course. The night was slowly coming to an end, and the sun was begining to cast a feeble glow over the horizon, enlightening my eyes with a veiw of a far-off Berk. I passed a few Berkian fishing boats, non of which noticed the black shadow of me and Toothless fly over them, and the crew seemed like they were welcoming the morning sun with a cheerful smile. Those smiles triggered memories of the times before I left Berk, the times when I amused myself by playing with wooden daggers and drawing different dragons in the dirt in the woods without a care in the world. I sighed. I missed those care-free times, but I am also greatly happy that I left.

When I reached Berk, the sun had fully popped above the horizon and the bulky Berkians were troddling along their usual daily business. Toothless skimmed the shore-lines until we saw a little ledge in the cliff which is were we landed, out of the view of the village. I clambered off silently, and lead Toothless up a small incline towards the tree line - and more importantly - to the cove. The journey was shorter than I remembered it being. The rocky path was in bad condition and I almost stumbled off it a few times, but Toothless was always there to stop me from falling into the vicious morning sea below. I kicked at small stones as I went, and soon enough, we reached the top of the cliff-side path and onto an all too familiar dirt one, with pine trees lining it and the needles on the ground, causing the path to be softer underfoot. I placed my finger to my lips to signal to Toothless to stay deathly quiet, then I carefully trod on the path, careful not to snap twigs or branches, and in Toothless's case, logs. The sun was peering through the half-bare tree branches and casting elongated shadows which blended nicely with the dark bark of the trees and gave Toothless and I plenty of cover if we needed it. I lead him down the path and there, right infront of me, was the entrance to the cove, the shield still firmly in place. I smirked.

"Come on, bud." I told Toothless as I ran towards it. He hesistated first, then scampered after me, his four feet surprisingly soft for a running dragon. I didn't want to ever remove the shield from where it stood, so I ducked underneath it while Toothless hopped over the top then glided down to the grass and moss covered floor below. Feeling a tad adventurous, I took a running start and jumped from the end of the stone with all my power. I sailed through the air at speed, then started to fall down to the ground until I landed with a splash in the calm water. I emerged with my hair floppy and covering my eyes and face; my clothes soaked; a wide grin on my face; my skin wet. I swam gracefully to the edge of the lake, then joined Toothless sitting by a rock, getting a well-earned rest.

Since Astrid didn't turn up at Kreak, she must be safe. She may not be here, but she definatly isn't at Kreak and therefore most probably safe. I decided to wait until tommorrow to leave the cove and search for her. I wasn't in much of an urgency to see her - she didn't like me anyway - but something was missing from me. It felt weird, like I would never be fully happy again, and that I would always feel heavy and a little empty. I brought out my sketch book and drew.