The Little Boat

A long chapter! I did publish this on the 27th but for some reason when I logged onto Wattpad today it said it wasn't published. Soz.

-Drago's pov-

We had been sailing for just over two hours and we were still in our waters. The sun was shining which made it so my men could work harder without complaining, but it wasn't too hot either because every now and again a cloud would pass over basking the deck in slight darkness. I was sitting in my cabin enjoying a hearty lunch of meat, fruit and bread when Eret bounded in, without knocking.

"You can't just barge into my cabin without knocking." I sneered. If this was any random member of my crew I would have pushed them over board straight away, however Eret was the finest dragon wrangler I had ever come across, so I occasionally let it slip, but only if he had a good reason to barge in here.

"Sorry, Drago." Said Eret, "But you are needed on deck."

"And why would that be?" I sternly asked, shovelling a spoonful of salmon into my mouth.

"We have found a boat, Drago." Eret informed me, "We brought it aboard and found that it contained a girl and boy around the age of 25."

"Why did you bring them aboard! You had no idea what was on that boat!" I shouted.

"I know, I know." Quickly said Eret, "It won't happen again."

"It better not." I instructed him. I placed down my spoon adjacent to my plate which was still filled with food and looked at Eret in such a way that it made his skin crawl. "Where are they then?"

"On board, Drago. Near the mast." Eret answered, "The boy is awake but the girl is still unconscious."

"Do you know anything about them?" I asked.

"No, however the boy said he would talk after some fresh water and food. He says that he hasn't ate or drank in two days." Eret said, standing deathly still, almost like if he moved he would be shot.

"Give him a cup of water and half a loaf of bread from the servents' rations." I demanded.

"Yes, Drago." He replied.

"Then take me to him." I finished.

"Of course, Drago." Replied Eret as he dashed out of the room to give my orders to someone else. I picked up my spoon again and shovelled some wild boar into my mouth as I shoved bread in too, then took a swig of my wine before chewing more beef and continuing to eat everything from the vast feast infront of me.

After a few short minutes, there was a knock at the door.

"Enter." I declared, even though I knew who it was and why they needed me. Eret carefully opened the door and stood like a soldier next to it.

"They are ready to see you know, Drago." He simply said without any expression in his voice or without moving his eyes off the far wall.

"That's better." I growled as I stood up and walked powerfully over to the door. I yanked it open and started to ascend the ladder-like steps without even a sideways glance at Eret. Even if I may not show it, I have a little admiration for how Eret controls his men in his sector - I have admiration for all of my commanders, especially Viggo and Valhallarama (my second-in-commands) but I just don't show it because showing emotions is a sign of weakness.

The wooden stairs creaked as I climbed up them and I shoved the trap door open and appeared on deck. All of the men and women on the deck suddenly dropped to their knees and lowered their heads as a sign of respect towards me as I walked over to the new arrivals.