Chief

Part 16 of 60

-Astrid's POV-

Meanwhile on Berk:

I awoke in my own soft, warm bed. I didn't feel like getting up, so I buried my head back into my pillow and tried to get more sleep. I was annoyinly disturbed as someone threw my door open with a bang and rushed inside. I shot up, my hand already on the handle of my axe.

"Astrid! Astrid!" Cried Ruffnut, jumping on the end of my bed. Tuffnut stood next to her, a big grin on his face.

"We want a dragon! Where's Hiccup?" He asked. Suddenly the memory of the previous day crashed into my mind and it all came back into reality.

"We wanna large one. Which can set fire to things and destroy them! We want the most destructive one!" Cried Ruffnut, bouncing on my bed in excitement.

"Which large teeth and claws!" Added Tuffnut.

"And fire!" She added.

"And some super cool stuff that could make it invisible or explode or something." He added.

"And it needs to be able to cover its own tracks so no-one will know that it is us." Ruff explained.

"You mustn't tell anyone about Hiccup. Got that?" I said sternly.

"Why?" Asked Ruff, "He is going to tell everyone anyway!"

"You are right." I sighed, "HE will tell them, not you." I dragged my feet out of bed and slid them into my shoes. I grabbed my axe and I walked over to the already open door. I wasn't in the mood for arguing with them.

"Are you coming?" I asked them. They ran towards me, eagerly nodding. Honestly, they were acting like 6 year olds being told that they could have stawberry yaks milk. But, they are still some of the greatest friends to have, despite their total craziness. I lead them outside and to Stormfly's pen which I had built from birch wood the day after I got Stormfly. It was quite big with a hay floor, a small barrel in the corner with fish, a decorated roof and a large doorway so she could get out easily when the gate was open. The village didn't like Stormfly much, but they told me that I could keep her as long as she stayed in her pen when I wasn't flying her and she didn't destroy anything. Stoick had put force on the word 'anything' when he told me.

"What?" Asked Tuff, "Astrid is as crazy as we are! She thinks that is Hiccup!" Ruff giggled along with Tuff. I just glared at them until they stopped.

"No, we have to fly on a dragon to reach Hiccup." I told them. "Unless you want an hour walk." I stared at them.

"We will take the dragon." Admitted Ruff quietly, her head hung low, staring at her feet.

"No you won't." Said Stoick as he marched quickly up to us. He stood infront of me, glaring swords at me with his piercing eyes.

"Why?" I asked stubbornly.

"It will be better for Berk if you don't." He replied.

"How?" I asked, placing my arms on my hips, standinv defensively.

"It will scare them." He answered in a loud voice. "And the last thing I need is people scared."

"How about if I flew her on a neighbouring island, so the Berk people can't see her?" I asked. I wasn't giving up without a fight. Even though I had only had her for a short amount of time, I had grown attached.

"You will still have to bring her back here every time." Said Stoick, "Just set her free!"

"So she can terrorize the village along with other dragons?" I answered back, "Won't it be safer for us if I keep her, so she can't steel the sheep and burn buildings?"