Dragon Freeing

-Astrid's pov-

I awoke in the morning to a pair of comforting arms around my waist and a smile grew on my face when I realised who they belonged to. I stayed still to try and not to wake him from his peaceful sleep. I could hear his slow and steady breaths and they tickled my ear slightly when he breathed out and I wish that we could stay like that forever. It was so peaceful and relaxing, but I wanted to see his sleeping face again, just like I had in the other cave back on Berk. He was so cute!

Extremely slowly, I began to lift my body off the floor, and I made it into a press-up position without any problems. His upper arm was still on the top of my waist and his lower arm was still on the floor below me. I then carefully began to lower myself and turn my body so I was facing him. In total, it took me about three minutes to turn my body over, but I hadn't managed to wake him, so I was successful.

He was even cuter in his sleep than I remembered him being. His cheek was squished up against the fur below him and his mouth was slightly open, allowing deep breaths to pass through. His eyes were delicately closed and his hair was even messier than usual (if that is even possible).

I don't know how long I stared at him for, but I do know that it ended when my stomach rubbled.

"Morning, Astrid." He groggily said as he opened one of his green eyes.

"Morning." I replied, carefully brushing away a piece of his hair which had fallen over his eye. My stomach gave another rumble.

"Do you want breakfast?" He asked, a smile on his face which made me smile too. I guess he took my smile as a yes because he stood up and tried to fix his messy hair by running his hand through it. I watched Toothless re-light the fire with a plasma blast and then Hiccup place two fish over it, and then I decided to get up.

XxXxXxXxXxXx

It was now sundown and me and Hiccup were gliding speedily over the open ocean on Toothless and Stormfly towards an island called 'Haley's island'. Hiccup did tell me why it was called that, but honestly I have forgotten and I just suspect that it had something to do with a woman called Haley.

"Astrid. There is a stream which heads South which cuts through the island. I need you to follow it because about two thirds of the way down you will see their equivalent of a training arena. I need you to blast the dragons out of the cages. If that doesn't work, send up 3 consecutive, short blasts and I will come to help. While you are trying to free the dragons, I will distract the rest of the tribe on the opposite side if the island, so make sure you fly as low as you can over the stream so no-one sees you. Okay?" Hiccup told me. He had already told me of his plan before, but he wanted to re-inforce it in my head.

"Okay." I replied.

"And Astrid?" He asked, "Stay safe."

"I will." I answered him. He was wearing his full armour set: his 'flight' suit; his helmet to hide his identity; Inferno strapped to his leg and a spare dagger enclosed in a pouch in his arm. "Make sure that you don't have too much of a good time though."

"I won't. I'll only blast a few vikings if they get too close, maybe have a quick fight, steal some food and distract them." He answered. I rolled my eyes, though I doubt he could see them in the blackness of the night.

Soon enough, I saw the river and with a farewell to Hiccup, I steered Stormfly towards it and skimmed the surface, being careful to keep as low as possible. It was a very nice island - cliffs, grass, trees, farms, flowers, beaches, birds, sheep (which fled at the sight of Stormfly) and beautifully decorated structures in the distance - which were much nicer than Berk's - and soon enough I heard a sound that could only be a warning bell. I heard the thunderous thumping of boots on the ground, a slicing noise which could only mean sharpening of weapons, and the horrendous cry of adult vikings which rattled my ears. I urged Stormfly to fly faster and lower, so low infact that her feet and tail were in the water and were sending spray into my eyes, but I doubt the infuriated vikings were too focused on the Night Fury and rider to hear us or to even glance our way.