Diry Road Diary

Chapter 26- Burning Love

Dear Diary:

It's finally friday! I get the whole weekend alone with Daryl! This weekend is going to be epic! I better get packed.

-Josie

*Josie's POV*

I pull out my pink Nike duffel bag from under my bed, throwing it on my bed. I put 2 pairs of jeans, a black v-neck t-shirt, a camo t-shirt, a pair of short denim cutoffs, black & white polka dot bikini, a black tank top, black & red flannel sleep shorts, black flip flops, socks, makeup, deoderant, perfume, toothbrush/paste, sunblock, hair brush, cellphone charger, and anything else I might need. Once done, I take a quick shower, blowdry my hair, apply light makeup, then pull on light bootcut jeans, white tight t-shirt with a small brown squirrel on it, brown cowboy boots, and a dark denim jacket. I sling the stuffed bag over my shoulder before turning off the light and exiting my room, closing the door behind me. I grab my small brown purse, keys, and phone before walking out the front door, locking it behind me and walking to my car. I throw a the duffel bag in the trunk before climbing behind the wheel and driving to Daryl's house.

15 MINUTES LATER

I pull into the Dixon's driveway, parking next to Daryl's truck. I climb out of my car as Daryl walks out of the shop carrying a box of canned food, frozen meat, and bottled water. He places it in the bed of his truck. Merle right brhind him with a case of beer in his arms.

"Hey Sweetass", Merle smirks, placing the beer in the bed of his truck.

" Hey Merle", I smile, even he isn't going to ruin my mood today.

Daryl places a bottle of wine and red flannel blanket in the box before intertwining our fingers and leading me inside the house.

He releases my hand when we enter his bedroom.

"Are you packed", I ask.

"Don' need nothin", he shrugs.

"You gonna wear the same clothes all weekend", a ask earning a shrug in return.

I shake my head smiling while going to his messy closet and pulling a green backpack from the top shelf and laying it on his unmade bed.

"What ya doin", he asks, his eyebrows raised, a smirk playing on his lips.

"No man of mine is going to wear the same clothes all weekend", I smile, stepping up to him and placing a soft kiss on his lips then returning to his closet. I pull out 2 pairs of jeans, 2 white t-shirts, and 2 flannel shirts. I fold them neatly before placing them in the backpack then grabbing clean socks and boxers from his dresser and placing them in the backpack. Daryl watches while I pack his bag for him, an amused smirk plastered on his perfect face. I grab his deoderant off his dresser, tossing it in the bag before grabbing his toothbrush from the bathroom, tossing it in the bag too. I zip up the backpack, slinging it over my shoulder.

"All packed", I smile before walking out of the room and to the backdoor with Daryl following close behind.

"Don' do nothin' I wouldn' do Darlina", Merle says from the bed of his red truck.

"That leaves alot of room Merlina", I smile, rolling my eyes earning a chuckle from Daryl.

"Wha' yew call me", Merle asks, climbing to his feet.

"Awww, did I hurt Merlina's feelings", I tease, poking my bottom lip out.

"I'm more man than Darlina will ever be", Merle grins making an obscene gesture.