6.

The bell rang, and I quietly rose from my seat. As I walked out of the building to go home, I waved to a girl from my third hour, and put my headphones over my ears. Shoving my hands in my pockets, I pondered my feelings for Harry.

I was certain I liked him more than he liked me. I came to the conclusion.There was no way, I thought, that someone as handsome as Harry would go for boring old me.

My music was turned up loud, and I was suddenly lurched out of my thoughts, literally, by a hand on my shoulder. I spun around, gasping. Harry was laughing down at me. "I've been calling your name for 5 minutes, T! You should've seen your face," he said, shaking his head. I smiled, bumping his hip with mine as we continued to walk.

"Where do you keep disappearing to?" I asked casually, trying to ignore the butterflies in my stomach by just being around him.

He flashed me a bright smile. "All in good time, love." I pretended to pout, jutting my lip out. He just grinned at me, and put his arm around my shoulders, pulling me in for a bear hug.

We made it to our houses and parted ways, but not before Harry grabbed his hand in mine, pulling me in for a kiss on the cheek. "I hope to see you tonight," he whispered. Shivers ran up my spine as I walked into my house in a daze. Is this what love was like? I wondered, laughing to myself.

My mother was sitting at the kitchen table, a glass of water in her hands. "Spill, Toto. Who was that cute boy?" she smiled.

I sat down next to her. "His name is Harry. He's in my writing class," my voice went up an octave thinking about his eyes.

She laughed. "You look smitten."

"I think I am," I smiled, getting up from my spot. I took a shower, actually taking my time washing my hair. I changed into an oversized sweatshirt and leggings, and took my contacts out. I almost never wore my glasses anymore, but tonight as I slid the frames over my eyes, I realized how much I liked them.

I was flipping through TV channels on the couch when my mother called to me that her and my father were leaving for a work friend's party. The door slammed, the house echoing like a cavern.

After calling some of my friends back home, I decided to clean my room. I put on the loudest, most obnoxious music on my iPod. The yelling and screaming of the singer helped block out any last thoughts of Harry. I promised myself I wouldn't get too head over heels for someone too quickly.

Once my room was rid of dirty clothes and trash, I opened all my windows to let some air in. As I was doing so, who should I see but the very boy I couldn't stop thinking about, sitting outside reading a book.

"I'm starting to wonder if you're stalking me. You're always out here," I joked. He grinned up at me, setting whatever he was reading down.

"Maybe I am."

I sat down in my familliar chair and stared out at the setting sun, smiling to myself. I almost forgot Harry was there until he spoke. "How about you come over and watch a movie with me?"

I hesitated but I trusted Harry and he was my friend, so I agreed. "Let me grab my phone and I'll be right over," I walked inside, deciding to keep my glasses on.

Before leaving the bathroom, I looked myself in the face. "Breathe, Topher. He's a good guy," I told myself, slapping my cheeks.

I got my phone and stepped out onto the balcony. I quickly jumped over to Harry's side, who was still sitting in his chair. "You look cute in those," he winked. I blushed, smiling. He walked inside and I followed. I immediately laughed out loud at what I saw.

His room looked like it had been hit by a hurricane. I could barely see the floor. "Sorry about the mess," he muttered, not looking at me, and I realized he was embarrassed.

"It's fine, my room was just like this an hour ago," I told him to try and make him feel better, still laughing. We were so alike in that aspect.

"I suppose a tour is in order," he said, casually intertwining our fingers. A burst of butterflies filled my stomach and I smiled widely. His home was beautiful; simple and elegant, obviously his mother did most of the decorating. We settled down on a couch in the living room.

"So," I said, pulling my legs under me, "What's your secret? Why are you always late?" he looked down at his hands and smiled awkwardly.

"Promise you won't laugh, okay?" he wagged a finger at me. I nodded.

"Well," he continued, "I'm sort of doing this thing for money--"

"Harry!"

"No, no, not like that!" he said, both of us bursting into laughter. "I'm tutoring this little boy in maths. And he never seems to get anything right, so I'm always late," he said, still chuckling, "See? Innocent enough, right?"

"I suppose so," I said giggling. He got up for a moment to put in a random movie. He plopped down close beside me, slinging his arm across the back of the couch. I scoffed as the screen lit up. "Zombieland? Really?"

"Hey, don't fuss about it T, I could kick you out if I wanted to!" he mocked, pushing into my shoulder.

I looked out the window a moment; the sky had turned angry and dark as the wind began to blow a bit. "It looks like rain," I muttered. I watched the window with a scowl on my face. He was suddenly very close, touching arm.

"Are you going to be alright?" he asked, concerned. I nodded yes, forcing a smile.

We finished half the movie, laughing at the stupidity of the plot. I winced at how disgusting the zombies looked, and he chuckled, pushing into me with his shoulder and I squealed.

But when the sky cracked open, what fell was not rain. I gasped, unable to contain my joy as big white flakes began to fall from the clouds.

I ran to the window like a kid on Christmas. I hated the rain, but I could never ever hate snow. It began to fall harder and harder, until everything outside turned to white fluff.

"Let's take a walk!" I exclaimed, grabbing Harry's hand and barreling out the door. The whole

world seemed to be covered in a blanket of snow. We walked to a nearby park, all the while spinning, tilting my head up to catch snowflakes on my tongue.

He laughed at my foolish behavior as I kept dragging him along until he spun me around, putting his palms on either side of my face. "Topher Alexandria, calm yourself." I mimicked his movement.

"Harry Styles, live a little." I ran ahead of him, flopping down into the white powder.

He laid down next to me, looking over and grinning. It was beginning to get darker, and everything mushed together into a dull grey light.

"Your hair," he said, pushing a strand behind my ear, "is soaked."

"You shouldn't be talking!" I giggled, putting my hands in his damp hair,

sending droplets of water everywhere.

He brought his face closer to mine with a shy smile. His eyelashes had snowflakes in them, and I wanted to kiss them away.

Get ahold of yourself! I thought, shaking my head. Being in close proximity to Harry made me lose my train of thought easily.

He leaned forward even more so his forehead pressed against mine. His vibrant green eyes pierced my dull grey ones. "I like you, T," he breathed, quite matter-of-factly.

I think I smiled so wide that my face nearly split open.