8.

TWO YEARS LATER:

The ringtone blared out from my phone, indicating I had a new call. "Shit," I mumbled as I fumbled with the keys to my apartment.

After putting the key in the lock, I swung the door open with the phone against my ear. My London flat I'd grown to love was getting a bit dirty. But nevertheless, I slung my bag into a random direction while kicking off my shoes. "Yes Rachel I'm here, what can I do for you?"

My boss, Rachel was bitching again; said she needed my latest client's information, but she couldn't find it. "I know you gave it to me Topher, I just...can't find it!" she sounded exasperated.

I laughed at her foolishness. "Rach, it's fine; I'll make you another copy in the morning. But, you do know it's about 2 AM? I would like to sleep, please."

"Yeah, okay. Thanks T, you're a lifesaver!" and with that, the line went dead. I laughed again.

Rachel could be a pain, but she was my boss, and one of my good friends after all, and I genuinely liked her. Sometimes I felt like her babysitter, like I was her boss.

I found my client's paperwork easily. Recently, I'd just finished styling a model who was visiting here in London.

Oh, I should probably explain what I do now. I'm a personal stylist. Basically, I dress people for a living. I am the eyes of every operation, making sure everyone I dress is camera ready, all day, every day.

I scrunched my hair into a bun and put on a shirt and boxer shorts. And, in case you were wondering, no. I do not have a man in my life. Not since...not since Harry. I climbed into bed, and sighed. I let myself remember, as I did most nights.

Two years ago, he stole my heart. He was everything I wanted and more. We were best friends. And then, one day, he left. Completely shattering my previous assumptions of him as a person. Without any warning, he disappeared. I never spoke to him after that, and he never tried to contact me, even though I knew he had my number.

Of course, I did know what he did for a living now. I nearly cried when I discovered he made it to the X Factor. And who didn't know about the ridiculous phenom that is One Direction?

The rest of the One Direction boys were equally attractive -- I'd stalked one day --, but for some weird reason, a large portion of fangirls loved Harry. And it pissed me off.

To this day, I never figured out why he never told me he was auditioning for the X Factor, and decided to never talk to me again. Which led me to believe Harry Styles was nothing like I thought he was: an arsehole, inside and out. I told him my deepest darkest points of my life, and just like that, he was gone.

_______________________________________________________________________

I awoke to my cell phone alarm, blaring out a familliar Coldplay song. I must've fallen asleep thinking about him. I groaned, squinting against the light streaming through the crack in the window.

I blew hair out of my face, and walked to the shower. After I was finished flat ironing my hair to perfection, something I rarely did before, I checked my planner for the day.

Even in my young age, I strived to be extremely successful. And so far, I'd done an impeccable job. I couldn't afford to fuck anything up.

I dressed casually in leggings, a striped sweater, grey scarf, and my Jack Wills gilet. I joked that the thing was my baby, I wore it nearly everywhere.

I slid my sunglasses I've had for what seems like forever, and walked out the door. My first stop was Rachel's office. She needed the copy of the information she misplaced.

I drove 15 minutes in London traffic, reaching the luminous intimidating office building. I took out my phone, dialing her number. "Hey Rach, it's Topher. I'll be right up," I said once she answered.

"Alright, thanks so much again, Topher. Oh, also, I've got a surprise for you..." she mumbled something to a person next to her before continuing, "...that I think you're going to enjoy!"

And before I could respond, the line went dead. I sighed. Knowing Rachel, a 'surprise' meant I was getting a new client to take care of.

The large glass doors opened to Rachel's office automatically. I walked down the corridor to her door. It always reminded me of a secret agent's office, the seriousness of it. Rachel was waiting for me at the door.

"Hey T, thanks for coming in!" she reached out, taking the papers from my outstretched hand. I walked in, sitting down in one of the big fluffy chairs she had insisted on buying.

"You did really well with Karlie. Everyone loved that light pink eyelet dress she wore on Wednesday," she said as she filed away the papers absentmindedly. I smiled in thanks.

"So, I wanted to see if you wanted to take me up on this offer. Now, before I tell you, just know you can say no if you don't want to deal with..." she trailed off.

"You know what, I'm going to just tell you. One Direction's people have been asking about you. They want you to come on tour with them, get the boys camera ready and such."

I was speechless. The fact that they wanted me, of all people, was an amazing opportunity. This would obviously be the best move for my career.

But I couldn't help thinking about my past with Harry. Would he remember me? Do I even want him to remember me?

"I'll do it," I said, my voice shaking.

Rachel knew about my past with Harry, and she gave me a worried look. "So, you're positive? If it gets too...hard, just let me know. Okay?" she reached over and patted my arm.

I nodded, forcing a smile. "Well, you should get going then, to get packed. They'll pick you up tomorrow morning, 7AM sharp."

That was the moment my life turned completely upside-down.