Chapter 1: Expect the Unexpected

"HEY SANS! PASS THE PLATES!" Undyne yelled. It was a sunny day, the sky had a light blue and yellow tint to it. The whole gang was on a special picnic. The plates flew like frisbees. Undyne quickly lashed out her hand, easily catching it.

"Thanks punk!" Undyne yelled.

"Oh my goodness! Undyne you could have gotten hurt!" Papyrus yelled. He carefully perambulated closer to the set, carrying a bowl of spaghetti.

"You serious Papyrus? I can handle ANYTHING," Undyne responded.

"Not EVERYONE can handle EVERYTHING," Papyrus replied "I the Great Papyrus can't handle everything, which is a shocking fact,". Undyne smiled, and set the plates evenly apart.

"U-Undyne! Could you h-help me out," Alphys asked. A pile of food lay in her hands as she awkwardly tried to walk to the picnic, knees trembling.

"Of course Alphys!" Undyne shouted. She grabbed half of the stack and dashed back. Dumping everything in the center. Toriel also slowly walked to the set...holding a butterscotch and cinnamon pie.

"Papyrus, would you mind setting the cups too?" Toriel asked.

"Of course! Nothing the Great Papyrus can't handle!" Papyrus indefinitely shouted. He ran back to the house, and slowly opened the door. A slight squeal could be heard even from the picnic. Papyrus crept inside...and soon he came back out with cups. By the time he returned, the whole set was ready. Well, ALMOST.

"Say...w-who's responsible-for the spoons and forks?" Alphys asked.

"I believe the human is getting them!" Papyrus exclaimed. Right as he said that, there was Frisk.

"Thank you my child," Toriel softly spoke out. Frisk smiled and nodded her head as she set out one fork and one spoon on each plate.

"Hey... how's the work goin'?" Sans asked.

"SANS YOU LAZY BONES! DID YOU EVEN TRY TO GET THOSE BERRIES?!" Papyrus yelled.

"I got one," Sans said. He reached into his pocket and held out a straw.

"A STRAWberry,". Sans exclaimed. His smile rose as he stared directly to Papyrus. While, Papyrus was having a mental breakdown.

"Don't sweat it...I got the berries," Sans said. As he reached back into his pocket and held the luscious fruits . He set them on the center plate slowly. Papyrus was relieved. They all sat down and began the feast.

***

"WOWIE! This pie is delicious!" Papyrus shouted, as a piece of pie play on his spoon.

"I DIG these berries! Nice pick punk!" Undyne exclaimed. She stared right at Sans. Frisk was pushing her fork into the warm, soft spaghetti. She had a big smile.

"Was this a homemade recipe Alphys?" Toriel asked. Scooping up a spoonful of soup.

"O-Of course! Why w-would i-it not b-be a homemade rec-recipe," Alphys stammered. Her eyes turned left.

"Say...where's Asgore?" Undyne asked politely.

"At work...as USUAL...," Toriel replied. She sneered.

"He RARELY EVER comes home...some days I wonder if he's the one making us money," Sans said.

"Brother don't be silly! Asgore, don't forget, has a job as an engineer, he works hard TONS of days," Papyrus replied.