Ability Crystal

In the five minute period, I decided to do one last search into the labs. The fact that it was left empty was suspicious. I opened the unlocked doors and stepped inside for one last look. After putting on a facial mask and goggles, I opened the tub of liquid nitrogen. Five empty containers soaked inside, a wave of cold, condensed water vapor hit me as the nitrogen started to boil as soon as it comes in contact with the surrounding room temperature. Wait, it's not empty. In one of the containers was a pill bottle. I took it out, the labels read "Ability Body Crystal." Something new. I kept on reading: "Ability body crystal, Academy City category E level 1 controlled substance. Please obtain and check for legal notes before possessing. Description: Enhances power by causing power to overload. Pill form. Active ingredient: 90 percent Overloaded Esper Essence." Misaka told me something about overloading powers. I read the warnings : "If Espers with the same abilities are overloading their powers, it may cause the AIM fields to resonate. A chain reaction might start as the AIM fields resonate more, powers might go out of control causing the RSPK syndrome also known as Poltergeist."

I've never heard of the RSPK syndrome, so I looked it up on one of the lab information computers. This was the brief description: "RSPK syndrome, also known as "Poltergeist," is when an Esper loses control of their powers by going completely lost in their personal realities. It can also be started by overloading powers causing the normally harmless, weak AIM fields to become strong and saturated. It might resonate with other Espers if they also had their powers overloaded, but their powers has to be similar. If resonation is achieved, RSPK syndrome will take place and react with other Espers, disrupting them. The power resonance might get strong enough to cause earthquakes and other disasters based off the type of powers resonating." Of course, this stuff comes with risks. I've heard of brains linked linked by AIM fields in the Level Upper Incidents, but that was months ago. It shared some similarity. Should I take it? Is it even worth the risk? Haven't decided, I put it in my pocket and went back up.