Only My Railgun

"How are we doing this?" I asked.
She looked as if she had recovered more. Me on the other hand, felt a little sluggish. The ability overloading effects had worn out, and I have bad feelings about taking another pill right now. A familiar buzzing sound was heard, smoke bellowed from the door security system, but when Misaka tried to open it, it didn't bulge.
"This lock is more advanced, my powers don't work on it."
"Lemme try." I willed air to heat up and compress. To my surprise, hot plasma still formed. I used a small jet to cut through the metal on each side of the gate. The center portion of the gate collapsed with a huge "Clank!." The two sides I cut through glowed red hot.
"Careful." I reminded her, as we stepped in. It's a huge area, a well decorated front yard. We came in through the front gate, we might be detected. This area likely has the heaviest defense.
"Mugino might have her fourth member waiting here, we need to act quick, before she tracks us down and surrounds us." She warned.
We walked on a trail through the front lawn. Yeah right, "research" center, as the driver said. Apparently he is one of the many left in the dark. It's a good thing, at least he doesn't have to worry beforehand what's gonna happen to this place.
"What the hell was...watch out!" Misaka told me. propeller blade sounds was heard, they got louder. Several drones flew across, with blinding searchlights shone at us. We were detected.
"Someone's expecting us."

I counted about six drones, they all flew across, then suddenly stopping in mid-air, hovering in front of us. Full black, flat, aerodynamic bodies that looked like robotic slugs, with two curvy, flat wide wings on its side. Each wing included a hollow ring inside, there sat the propeller blades, spinning to keep the machine aloft.
"Go!" We started sprinting towards the lab. The drones flew over us, doing a strafing run. Machine guns opened fire on us, they were loud. It's gonna be impossible to out run the full metal jacket armor piercing rain of death, so I made a super dense shell out of thin air, literally. It shielded both of us. Bullets just hit it and ricocheted right off. I felt my powers wearing off, even inside my shell I can feel the force of the impacts.
"Just keep running!" I told her. The drones flew in front of us, I released my signature shockwave. This time I concentrated hard, the shockwave blasted out just like an explosion, but it only seemed to knock them away, the supersonic blast not seeming to do significant damage. This time missiles fired, my shield won't last long. I made another tornado, this time much stronger than the previous. It almost seemed that my powers had been upgraded. The tornado easily interrupted the small missiles, then wearing out their thrusters again. I willed my tornado to dissipate, 12 missiles fell out of the sky.
"Your turn to shine! You did recover right?" I shouted.
"Yep! Easy." Misaka said, as she created an electric current with her arms. Her electromagnetism kicked in. She held both arms forward parallel to each other. Tendrils on electricity flashed more. An arc connected between her fingertips, she used her parallel arms to aim at the drones. I used air currents to will the missiles to fall in between her arms.
"Check it out! A modified version of Railgun."

Once the missiles got caught up in her electric current, it blasted at the drones one by one, at almost the speed of sound. Each time a shot was fired, it emitted a huge flash and a huge bang. More lightning flashed around her. The drones didn't have time to dodge. Some flew out of the way smartly, but it's missiles that explode, which means it doesn't have to be a direct hit. I counted two direct hits, which made two drones straight up disintegrate, before it's remaining missiles and fuel tank exploding. Other missiles just blew up around the drones like airburst shells. I made the air shell stronger to protect us from the explosion, as a bright fireball expanded, lighting up the sky. Shockwaves almost knocked me over, weakening my shell even more. Burning debris fell around us.
"That was fun. Normally I use coins as ammo, which I can shoot at Mach 3-three times the speed of sound. Well, rockets turned out just as effective. Let's keep moving."