Overload

"Cracking... is complete." Misaka told me weakly, she was exhausted and slumped on the operator's chair.
"Are you okay?" I asked concerned.
"Yes... I'm fine. I just... used up... all my powers." She replied.
"Get some rest, I will watch." I told her.
"Thank you."
I watched the screen, downloading will take 5 more minutes. I decided to go outside of the computer room to watch for Meltdowner so she doesn't know where Misaka is. I pushed the iron door open and stepped back into the dark hallways. I closed the door to hide Misaka. I used up lots of my powers too, I'm afraid I'm in no shape even slow down a level five. Should I take the ability enhancing pills? There's no one here, the chances of causing a Poltergeist is super low. Surely, no one beside us will be attacking laboratory facilities in the middle of the night. I checked my phone, right now is 1:00 AM, the signals were blocked off as I predicted. I took a small walk around a corner and heard footsteps. I tried to turn back, but it was too late. There she was, eyes full of hate. I am screwed.

She screamed in anger, still pissed off.
"You! You will pay for it! Both of you!" She gathered energy, electrons forming a beam. Thanks to my combat instincts, I dodged it just in time by pushing myself away with a blast of compressed air. That was the first time I tried it. I ran around the corners, as another beam penetrated through the wall behind me right where I was fraction of a second ago. My powers were really wearing off, I had no other choices. In a hurry, I took out the pill bottle and chewed down one pill, ignoring the potential danger. I felt nothing, then I felt everything. My head felt like it swollen up, then back to normal. This made me extremely light headed. Then I felt blood all pumped to my brains, then back down, making me feel awake. I kept reminding myself:
"Don't get lost in your personal reality, you might lose control of your powers. If you start a Poltergeist, Academy City might get wiped out by something like a colossal hurricane." I know only seconds passed, but time felt like it slowed down to minutes.
My body felt everything, every insignificantly mild air current, every Celsius of temperature change. My vision sharpened, colors more vibrant. I seemed to be able to actually see air current, and faint, transparent auras of different color. I know that was just my PR playing a trick on me. I was really just sensing air current, instead of seeing, and the temperature gave it different colors like a thermal camera.

I saw her trying to shoot a beam, energy gathered around her hand, silver white auras covered air was all I see. An indicator of air heating up. Electron beams... electrons. I cannot directly utilize electric energy, but I can now increase the average kinetic energy of the individual particles from each type of gas, oxygen, nitrogen. What the heck was I thinking? How did I know these? Increasing the thermal energy, the particles vibrated faster and faster. I compressed the air with lots of power, heating them up more. Electrons were ripped out of them, turning gases into charged plasma. I willed it to form a thick shell around me. I drew more air from around me, which all got ionized, then compressed into my armor. I cancelled her every single attack with a shield of super dense, hot, ionized air. It even absorbed some of her energy. I shot back blasts of plasma at her. Dense jets of plasma flew with a loud "Whoomf!" buzzing with charged particles. She barely had time to cancel out my attacks. I didn't know how I was suddenly able to do this. Since the surrounding air was hot, it flowed with a bright red aura, making me able to sense movements in the dark. I shot another huge blast of plasma with compressed nitrogen, it connected partially with her electron shield and the floor. Tendrils of lightning now flashed in the air, and made huge sparks and "PAH!"s like a supersonic whip hitting the floor. She wasn't prepared, as the force knocked her backwards almost falling. The floor where she used to stand glowed red hot. Using this new plasma ability, we now can go toe to toe.