Chapter 8

Two kids sat in the limo as it crossed the bridge into Auradon. One jumped up and down in her seat, colored pigtails bouncing. She was Dizzy, daughter of Drizella. The other was a teenage boy sitting passively in his seat. He was athletically built, with slightly tan skin, sea green eyes, and spiked, dirty blonde hair. He wore a dark brown t-shirt with white paint claw marks across the front and back, a black leather vest with studs on the collar, and black jeans with claw rips. A lion's tooth hung on a chain around his neck and a scar was ran over his right eye. This was Samuel, son of Scar. Before being sent to the Isle, the animal villains and henchmen were transformed into humans for their punishment.

He sat in the limo, staring with wonder as the blackened waters of the Isle gave way to blue, crystal clear waters and lush green fields of Auradon. Dizzy practically trampled him to get to the better window to see Auradon Prep.

"Hey, watch it, runt." He growled playfully. No one could really resist Dizzy's bubbly energy. She swatted him off and let out a squeal as they drove into the driveway. King Ben, the VKs, and Fairy Godmother came into view. Samuel took in a sharp breath when he caught sight of the petite girl next to Carlos. Her chocolate locks fell in gentle waves down her back, contrasting her beautiful blue eyes. She wore a pastel pink t-shirt with a white high-low skirt and pink wedges, a silver necklace he couldn't make out glinting around her neck. He couldn't see anything but her in that moment. She was watching for the limo and talking with Carlos. "Who is that?"

"Who?" Dizzy asked distractedly.

"The brunette next to Carlos." Samuel answered still staring at the beauty.

Dizzy looked to who he was describing. "Evie told me about her. That's Jane, Fairy Godmother's daughter." He smiled. Jane, what a beautiful name for a beautiful girl, He thought.

The limo parked in front of the group. Dizzy jumped out the minute the door opened and sprinted into Evie's arms. Samuel slowly stepped out of the limo and stood silently. Mal and Ben approached him. "Nice to see you again, Sam." Mal smiled.

"You too, Mal. You look good." He responded.

She nodded her thanks and Ben held out his hand. "Nice to meet you, Samuel. As you probably know, I'm King Ben."

Samuel shook his hand. He felt his heart stop when Fairy Godmother and Jane stepped forward. "Welcome to Auradon Prep, Samuel." Fairy Godmother greeted. "I'm Fairy Godmother, headmistress." Samuel nodded. Fairy Godmother gestured to Jane. "And this is my daughter, Jane."

Jane smiled at him and it felt like the stars aligning. "It's very nice to meet you, Samuel." She said, holding out her hand.

Samuel smiled, taking her hand. "You can just call me Sam." He smirked and leaned down to kiss her knuckles. Jane let out a small nervous laugh and quickly retracted her hand. She likes me already. Why else would she be nervous? He thought to himself. He noticed Carlos stiffen slightly and cross his arms over his chest. Good luck with that, De Vil. She'll be my lioness in no time. "Maybe you can show me around?"

She nervously laughed again. "Well... um..." She stuttered. Samuel smirked, knowing the reaction was because of her feelings for him.

Carlos stepped forward. "We can both show you around." He answered for her. Samuel bit back a growl at the younger boy. They had always been something of frenemies on the Isle and it didn't seem to stop in Auradon.

Jane smiled. She wants to be around me, dog breath. Samuel thought. "I kinda wanted to get to know Jane a little better." Samuel said with a forced smile.

"We have time for that later." Jane waved off. Samuel smirked at Carlos in victory.

Before anyone could respond, Dizzy came bounding over to them. She gasped and started fingering Jane's hair. What I wouldn't give to run my hands through it. Samuel thought, his heart racing. "I love your hair! I have such ideas for it!"

Jane blushed and Carlos smiled at her. Evie came over in time to hear it. She continued Dizzy's train of thought, "Pink topaz braided in?"

"Uh, duh!" Dizzy said. "And maybe some small diamonds!"

Evie clapped a little. "I have the perfect outfit to go with that!" The two fashionistas squealed at the ideas flowing between them. Jane blushed under the attention and Samuel wanted to kiss her until her cheeks flushed a brighter pink. Evie gasped. "Jane, don't you have that date tonight?"

Samuel clenched his fists at his sides. Who was the bastard who had the nerve to take his lioness from him? Jane nodded. The two girls squealed and grabbed the half-fairy's hands, pulling her towards the dorms. Carlos crossed his arms over his chest and sent a glare to Samuel. "Don't think I missed the way you looked at her, Sam." Carlos hissed. "I want it to stop."

Samuel scoffed as Carlos walked away. You better watch your step, De Vil. Jane will be my lioness one way or another. Anyone who gets in my way will pay.

*******

Samuel's heart stopped when Jane stepped out of her room. She was wearing a pale pink dress that fell down to her knees. It was sleeveless and had a silk layer covered by a lace layer embroidered with a flower blossom pattern. She had rose gold glitter heels on and the silver necklace still around her neck. Her hair was tied into an intricate French braid with small pink topaz and diamonds dotted along its length.

She started to walk down the hall towards the main entrance. She froze and gasped when she saw Samuel. "Oh Sam, you scared me." She said with a polite smile.

"Sorry." Samuel apologized, rubbing his neck. "Still getting used to being off the Isle." She nodded in understanding. "Off to your... date?"

She raised an eyebrow at the way he spit out the word. "Y-yes." She said, stuttering slightly. "He's probably waiting for me so I should get going."

"Who is he?" Samuel asked casually.

"It's actually Carlos." She smiled at the mere name. Samuel felt his anger boiling up. Carlos was the one stealing his queen?! She held up the necklace which he could now see was the De Vil family crossbones. "As I said, I should get going."

Without another word, she walked past him and towards the main entrance to meet Carlos. Samuel let out a growl. Carlos didn't deserve to be in his lioness' presence, let alone date her. He would never treat her right like the queen she is.

His father may have lost his queen to that son of a bitch Simba but he was not going to lose his to Carlos. He would have Jane for himself if it was the last thing he ever did.

To be continued...