Chapter 18

Fairy Godmother wrung her hands as she stood alongside Ben and Doug. The sun was barely rising while they waited for the limo to pull into the school's driveway. Mal had texted them the minute they were inside Auradon's cell service to tell them they were on their way back with Jane. The sun had fully risen over the horizon when the limo pulled up. Jay and Lonnie stepped out of the front and Mal opened the back. Ben rushed to her, pressing a small kiss to her lips. Evie slowly walked to Doug who took her hands and kissed them gently.

Carlos stepped out of the limo and sent Fairy Godmother a small smile. He reached a hand into the back and a small hand grasped his. Fairy Godmother's eyes watered when Jane timidly climbed out. Her hair was colored but she still had her father's bright blue eyes and pale pink rose colored lips. The minute Jane set eyes on her mother, she ran to her. "Oh Jane." Fairy Godmother all but sobbed as she held her daughter in her arms. 

Carlos smiled at the pair as Corinne stood beside him. He wrapped an arm around his sister's waist and she rested an arm on his shoulder. "You did good, Core." He said quietly.

"We did good." She responded, just as quietly. "You allowed your heart to get stolen by an amazing girl who has strength beyond anyone's belief and I helped get her back to you." Carlos snorted a laugh and pulled her tighter to him. 

Before they could say anything else, Carlos caught sight of Jane rushing back to him. He enveloped her in his arms and felt the tension leaving her shoulders. He kissed her temple. "You okay?" She nodded against his chest.

Fairy Godmother walked over to the twins with a smile. "I don't think I can thank you enough for bringing her home, Carlos." She said. Carlos merely nodded in response. Having Jane back in his arms was all the thanks he needed. Fairy Godmother turned to Corinne. "I can only assume you're Corinne, Carlos' twin?"

Corinne nodded. "I know my attendance wasn't really planned but..."

Fairy Godmother cut her off, "Oh pish, posh. You are more than welcome here! Especially with how Jane said you protected her on the Isle."

Corinne's eyes dropped to the floor. "I wish I could've done more for her." She said quietly.

Jane reached out a hand and linked it with one of Corinne's. Corinne smiled and squeezed the young fairy's hand in thanks. "There is still the matter of sending over guards to the Isle." Fairy Godmother said to Ben, "Samuel still has the remote to break the barrier."

Corinne smirked. "No he doesn't." The group raised an eyebrow at her. She reached into her backpack and pulled the golden remote out of a pocket. She tossed it to Fairy Godmother. "I swiped it when we left Samuel's hideout." 

"Well then, nevermind." Fairy Godmother smiled. "Since I'm sure everyone wants to stay with their significant others for right now," All the VKs and Lonnie nodded, clinging tighter to their boyfriends or girlfriends. Fairy Godmother let out a chuckle. "I'll find you someone to show you around campus." She pulled out her phone and sent a quick text message. "But until we've formally enrolled you in the school, we'll have to find you a temporary dorm."

"She can stay with me!" Lonnie raised her hand. They all looked at her curiously. "Look, Fairy Godmother, Jane has... been through a lot." She wasn't sure if Jane wanted to tell her mother about the rape. "And I think it's safe to say she needs Carlos more than anything right now. If you'll allow it, I think she should stay in Carlos and Jay's dorm with Carlos and Corinne can room with me until you find her a permanent dorm."

Fairy Godmother bit her lip, hesitating. Carlos spoke up, "Fairy Godmother, I know what you're worried about. But trust me when I say, I respect Jane too much to do anything that she doesn't want. Please, I just want to make her comfortable." 

Fairy Godmother sighed with a small smile. "I think that can be arranged." She finally responded. The doors to the school opened and she smiled a bit brighter. "Corinne, that must be your guide." Corinne stiffened slightly in nervousness. Carlos grasped his sister's hand in support and all the VKs smiled reassuringly at her. Corinne sucked in a sharp breath as she set eyes on the prince in front of her. "Corinne, meet Tyler, Tiana and Naveen's son."

"Hi." Corinne said, in a sort of dream-like stun.

Carlos and Jane smirked at each other when Tyler looked at Corinne the same way. "Hi." He said back. "As she said, I'm Tyler." He reached out a hand to her.

"Corinne De Vil." She shook his hand, lingering just a moment longer than necessary and making all the group smirk at the pair. "So you'll show me around the school?" Her pale face held a tint blush. 

"Yeah. I can take you to breakfast right now if you want." He said, scratching the back of his head nervously. Corinne merely nodded, a bit too eagerly to be subtle. Tyler had a slight blush of his own as he offered her his arm. She blushed darkly and locked her gaze with her feet when she linked her arm with his.

Mal smirked. "Evie, looks like we got some meddling to do." The bluette let out a small squeal and fist bumped her pseudo-sister. "But for now, let's get Jane a shower and moved into Carlos and Jay's dorm."

The girls nodded and Lonnie held out a hand to Jane. Jane looked uneasy so Carlos kissed her forehead and spoke in a quiet tone, "It's okay. I'll be waiting for you." She nodded shakily and kissed him quickly before taking Lonnie's hand and letting them lead her to their dorm.

*******

Jane sat in her room that night, staring at the clothes in her closet. All shades of pink, blue, purple, and white. They were the clothes that Samuel was attracted to. The clothes that the girl he claimed wore. She couldn't stand to look at the clothes. She felt sick to her stomach. She had to be different from the Jane Samuel took to the Isle. It's the only way she would feel better. With that thought, she made up her mind.

She slipped on some sweats and a tank top before rushing out the door. She went down the hall to Evie and Mal's room. The door was partly open to Mal on the bed, sketching something and Evie at the sewing machine. She knocked on the door and came in. "Hey, Jane." Evie smiled. "How are you doing?"

"I'm okay." Jane shrugged. "But I need your help, Evie." The VKs raised their eyebrows. "How would you feel about designing and making me a new wardrobe?"

To be continued...