Chapter 12

Sorry for the late update. I was seeing The Greatest Showman with a friend which is now my favorite movie of all time!!! You guys have to see it!! I love it too much for words! Anyways, sorry about the lateness but I hope you all enjoy!

*******

The whole next week, Jane was on edge. Samuel had been trailing her like a lost puppy and had been very... touchy. It was never inappropriate, but it was enough to make her hair stand on edge. She made sure that whenever he was around that she had Carlos or one or more of their friends with her to keep him at a distance. Carlos saw this and became more protective of her.

She just couldn't get what Carlos had told her about Samuel out of her head. He wanted to take a queen like Scar wanted Nala. It sent a shudder down her spine when Samuel looked at her in the way she guessed Scar looked at Nala and kinghood. But Nala had Simba and Jane had Carlos.

It was well past midnight but Jane tossed and turned in her bed, unable to sleep. For the last few weeks, Jane always had that stomach churning feeling that someone was watching her. But there was no one in the room except Lonnie snoring softly in her bed. Jane ran a hand through her hair and swung her legs over the side of the bed. There was only one thing that helped her in times like this.

As quietly as a mouse, she changed into a pair of galaxy leggings and sports bra with a white tank top. She threw on a black hoodie and grabbed her hidden dance bag before slipping out the door. Keeping an eye out for her mother or any other teachers or faculty, she quickly crossed campus to the athletic center.

She let out a breath when she stepped into the dance studio. She always loved having it to herself but sharing it with Carlos made it even more special. She plugged her phone in to the speakers and found the song she wanted. She pulled out her pink pointe shoes from the bag. After wrapping her toes, she slipped the shoes on and tied the ribbons.

She took a deep breath before taking off her jacket and starting the music.

(A/N imagine it had lyrics. It works better in my head with them)

Jane smiled through the dance. The song reminded her perfectly of Carlos. She had been born and raised in Auradon and had been mostly alone through those years. She had been taught that she had to wait for her true love and she felt like she had been waiting for centuries. Then Carlos came into her life. It made all the waiting worth it and she knew she would love Carlos until the world stopped turning, with or without the lilies proof.

The music faded and she dropped down from her toes. She couldn't stop from smiling and clasping the necklace in her fingers. "That was beautiful." She let out a small scream and turned to see Samuel leaning against the wall.

"Sam? What the hell are you doing here?" She demanded.

He shrugged and sent a small smile her way. She crossed her arms over her chest, shying from his prowling eyes. "I had to get a personal show from you after you showed Carlos this." Her eyes widened. He had followed them? Spied on them? "Imagine how that dog would react knowing you danced for me."

She glared at him. "I did not dance for you!" She snapped, "This was a private moment for myself!"

He snorted and took a few steps closer to her. "I saw the smile on your face. That song, that dance was for me and me alone."

She gaped at him. "That was not for you! If you must know..."

He cut her off, stepping even closer to her. "You don't need to hide it anymore! Carlos isn't here!" She looked at him in confusion. Exactly what did he want her to admit? Her thoughts distracted her enough for him to step into her air space and cup her cheeks. "We belong together. King and queen, side by side."

She struggled against his grip, finally getting him to release her. "I am not your queen! I love Carlos! And only Carlos!"

"Stop lying to yourself!" Samuel roared at her. "You know Carlos doesn't even deserve to be on the same side of the street as you! He will do nothing but drag you down but I will build you up! You know it's the truth!"

"You're a goddamned liar, Samuel!" She shouted back. He let out a low growl at the use of his full name. "Carlos and I love each other! He has made me the girl I am today! So stop lying to me and just leave me and Carlos the hell alone!"

She untied her pointe shoes and started to walk back to her bag. Samuel let out a growl before grabbing her arm and wrenching her back to him. "Carlos has you brainwashed." She let out a small whimper as he ran his finger down the side of her face. He trailed down her chest until he reached the necklace.

He ripped it from her neck and threw it to the ground. "No!" She yelled, reaching for the necklace. Samuel kept a bruising grip on her, keeping her in place. She looked up at him with glassy eyes. "Sam, please."

He smirked at the crack in her voice. "Don't worry, my queen." He purred. She cringed away from his face. "I'll take you somewhere where you can see the truth."

Before she could protest, he shoved a cloth over her mouth and nose. A chemical stench filled both and the world became fuzzy around the edges. Soon, darkness overtook her and she went limp in Samuel's arms.

*******

The next morning, news of Jane's disappearance was spreading across campus. Carlos was already losing his mind. Evie, Jay, and Mal were trying to keep his sanity but he couldn't be consoled. He had skipped all is classes in favor of searching the entire campus for any sign of Jane.  Finally, he searched the place that was special to them both. He rushed to the dance studio and felt his heart plummet.

Jane's black hoodie and blue flats were on the floor next to her deserted dance bag. Pink pointe shoes were in the center of the floor, haphazardly and next to them lay his crossbones necklace. Carlos dropped to his knees and let the tears stream down his face. Jane was gone and he had no idea where. "I will find you, princess." He muttered to the air. "I swear I will."

To be continued...