Chapter 16

Corinne's head snapped up at the familiar voice. "Carlos?!" She called. The twins' faces broke out into smile and they rushed to tackle each other in a hug. Despite the tension in the air, the VK's and Lonnie smiled at the siblings reunion. They pulled away, still gripping each other's arms. "Oh my God! I can't believe you're here!"

"Me neither!" Carlos agreed. "I thought you were with mom!"

"I ran away from her when you left for Auradon." She explained simply. "I've been staying with Lady Tremaine in exchange for looking after Lucifer." Carlos smiled a little brighter and pulled his sister in for another hug. When they pulled away, she looked towards the group. "Hey Mal, Evie. You guys look good." The two smiled at the girl. "Jay, poker face as always." Jay laughed a little and nodded towards her. She raised an eyebrow at Lonnie. "I don't believe I know you."

Lonnie smiled at the De Vil and stuck out her hand. "I'm Li Lonnie. Mulan and Shang's daughter." Corinne nodded with a smile and shook the offered hand. "And Jay's girlfriend."

"'Girlfriend'?" Corinne repeated, eyes wide. Jay looked away, embarrassed and they laughed at the slight pink tint on his cheeks. "I never thought I'd see the day the almighty Jay was actually in a relationship!"

Lonnie smiled proudly as Jay kissed her cheek. Evie stepped towards the twins. "Corinne, since you basically work for Tremaine, do you hear any of the Isle gossip?" Corinne nodded, face falling slightly. She knew where their thoughts were headed and her heart dropped at telling Carlos what had happened. 

"Has anyone said anything about Sam or an AK coming to the Isle?" Mal continued.

"Jane, I know." Corinne said. The group looked at her shocked. "I met her when Sam brought her here. It was just sick what he did. She told me about her and Carlos. I'm so happy for you two." 

Carlos looked to her with hopeful eyes. "So you know where she is?" Corinne went silent for a minute. Carlos' face fell and his twin's heart shattered. "Corinne?"

"I got her out." Corinne finally said. Their eyes widened. "She's... she's inside. But you need to realize..." Before she could finish her sentence, Carlos turned and ran into the salon. Corinne rolled her eyes and shook her head. "True love screws people up." Mal snorted a laugh, knowing that was the honest truth.

Carlos dashed into the salon and his eyes widened when he saw a petite girl in red, white, and black clothing sweeping the floor. She looked up and her eyes widened. The broom clattered to the floor as her blue eyes shimmered with tears. "Carlos?" She squeaked, not trusting her eyes. Carlos nodded and she all but ran into his arms. Carlos wrapped his arms around her waist while she buried her face in the crook of his neck, tears soaking the shoulder of his shirt. "You came." She whispered, voice cracking. "You really came."

Carlos pulled away and cupped Jane's face in his hands. "Of course I came." He whispered, locking his chocolate brown eyes with her bright blue eyes. "I wanted to come sooner but..."

"It doesn't matter." Jane interrupted. "You're here now, and that's all I could ever ask for." Carlos smiled at her and crashed his lips to hers. Jane wrapped her arms around his neck, burying her fingers in his hair while his arms pulled her as close as possible by her waist. Jane felt like her heart could explode when she felt the familiar sparks flow through her veins. 

"Awww!" A voice cooed from the doorway. The couple reluctantly broke apart and turned to face the group with Evie sporting a romantic look on her face. Mal gently elbowed her. "Sorry, they're just so cute!"

Mal, Evie, and Lonnie's eyes widened when they set eyes on Jane. "Jane?" Mal gasped. "Is that really you?"

"I don't think Carlos would've kissed me if I wasn't." Jane smirked, wrapping her arms around Carlos' waist. 

"I could barely even recognize you!" Lonnie said, smiling. Jane blushed and Carlos turned to look at her. It was then he finally noticed her new look. In addition to the clothes, Jane's hair had been cut slightly and colored.

(A/N Just imagine the hair going down to her breasts) Jane cautiously fingered her curls

(A/N Just imagine the hair going down to her breasts) Jane cautiously fingered her curls. She had a glazed look in her eyes and buried herself further into Carlos' side as she spoke, "Corinne let me borrow some clothes when she got me away from Samuel and to let me stay here, I had to let Lady Tremaine do something with my hair."

Corinne sighed and crossed her arms over her chest. "Jane..." She said. The rest of the group eyed her curiously. "Are you gonna tell them the real reason you got so much done to your hair?" Jane stayed silent, shutting her eyes tightly. "Jane, they deserve to know!"

Jane ripped herself out of Carlos' grip and turned away from the group. They could see tears starting to trickle down her face as she shook her head. "I can't!" She wrapped her arms around herself. Carlos came over to her and gently placed his hands on her shoulders. Jane let out a sob. 

"Jane, what does she want you to tell us?" Carlos asked. 

Jane shook her head again. "You'll all hate me. Especially you." 

"That's insane." Carlos responded. "No one in this room will think anything less of you. No matter what you tell us, our feelings about you won't change." He reached into his pocket and she sucked in a sharp breath when she saw the crossbones necklace. He slipped it around her neck and kissed her quickly. "I will always love you, Jane."

Jane cracked a small smile. "I love you too, Carlos." She wound her arms around his waist and buried her face in his chest. He wrapped his arms around her, kissing the side of her head.

Corinne stepped towards the couple slightly. "Jane, do you want me to tell them?" She asked. Jane nodded against Carlos' chest. Corinne took a deep breath and faced the group and her brother. "Jane had her hair done like that so that she would be a 'new Jane' when you came to get her."

"Why did she want a new Jane?" Evie questioned.

Corinne bit her lip, hesitating to answer. "She wanted to forget the Jane that Samuel... claimed." 

Jane let out a whimper. Carlos' eyes widened and he held Jane tighter against him. Jay stepped forward slightly. "Corinne... please tell me that doesn't mean what we think it means." He practically begged.

Corinne nodded, eyes locked on her boots. "Samuel... Samuel raped her."

To be continued...