Chapter 13

Sorry it took me a minute to update. I've been running errands all day but the late update is on me. Sorry but hope you all enjoy the chapter!

*******

Carlos paced Mal and Evie's dorm, twisting his crossbones in his hands. Apparently Fairy Godmother had found something on the security cameras and now he, Mal, Evie, Jay, Lonnie, and Doug were waiting on her and Ben to tell them what exactly they had found.  "Carlos, calm down. We're going to find her." Evie attempted to soothe him.

Carlos ignored him and continued to pace, now muttering under his breath. Lonnie groaned and rolled her eyes. She went up and grabbed the white-haired teen by the shoulders. "Listen to me, Carlos. Evie is right. We are going to find her. One way or another, we will find her." She said seriously. 

Carlos took a deep breath and nodded, content with the determination in his friends' faces. Before he could respond to her, a knock sounded and the door opened. Fairy Godmother and Ben stepped into the room, deep worry evident on their faces. Carlos rushed over to them. "What did you find?" He asked desperately.

Fairy Godmother bit her lip, fighting back her sobs. She was as desperate to find Jane as Carlos was.  Ben placed a comforting hand on her shoulder and answered, "We... we know where Jane is. And what happened to her."

Everyone in the room brightened at the answer. "Well?" Jay demanded, "What are we waiting for? Let's go get her!" Everyone practically shouted their agreements.

"It's not that easy." Ben defended. His eyes locked with his shoes and he ran a hand through his hair. "Jane's on the Isle of the Lost." The silence was so deafening, you could hear a pin drop. Everyone was in shock, Carlos more than any. It took all his strength not to collapse onto his knees. Evie could see that, as she had always been more empathetic than the other VKs, and rushed over to him. She pulled the younger teen into her arms, him shaking with held in sobs. Ben continued, "It appears Samuel took her there while she was unconscious."

Carlos let out a growl and ripped out of Evie's embrace. "I should've known." He spat through gritted teeth. "I should've never let that bastard near her!" He took a few ragged breaths. "I need to get her. I'm going to the Isle."

Everyone's eyes widened. He ignored them and headed for the door. Mal was the first to react and grabbed his arm to stop him. "Carlos! What the hell are you thinking!" She shouted. "You can't go to the Isle alone!"

Carlos tore his arm from Mal's grip. "I don't care!" He yelled back. "I need to get Jane back!"

Jay stepped forward. "Carlos, you're not thinking straight." He reasoned. "You know how dangerous the Isle is and we have no idea where Jane could be. Also, we have no idea what Samuel will do if we just go barging in there."

Lonnie placed a hand on the thief's shoulder. "Jay's right. We need a plan." 

Carlos collapsed onto the bed, staring mindlessly at his lap, a few tears leaking out of his eyes. "I need to get her. I can't live without her."

Fairy Godmother sat next to him on the bed, placing a hand over his. "I know how you feel. It's like my heart has been torn out and taken away from me." The teen looked up at the mother of the girl he loved so much. "But Jane would never forgive you if you got hurt, especially if it was while you were trying to rescue her. Jane's a smart girl. She can take care of herself until we can get to her."

Carlos looked around the room at all his friends, the ones who helped Jane and him get back together. And the ones who would help him get her back. He took a deep breath and straightened up. "Alright." He said finally. "Let's make a plan."

*******

When Jane's eyes opened, her head felt like it was full of lead. She was still in her dance clothes but she wasn't in the dance studio. She reached up to grasp Carlos' necklace for any sense of security but she felt a surge of fear go through her when she found it wasn't around her neck. Suddenly, the entire night came rushing back to her. Her going to the dance studio, Samuel knocking her out and now... she lifted her head slightly to take in her surroundings. The room looked to be falling apart, it smelled of mildew and rotting food, and the mattress she was on was lumpy and shredded up in places.

"Ah. My queen has finally awoken!" An all too familiar voice called out. She looked to see Samuel standing in the doorway. She sucked in a sharp breath and backed as far back as she could from him. He rushed forward and kneeled in front of her. "Oh don't worry. You're safe now."

"Not as long as I'm with you." She hissed, feeling a little of the confidence Carlos had instilled in her. "Where the hell did you take me?"

"Somewhere Carlos can't reach you. Somewhere you can see the truth." He answered vaguely. 

Jane's eyes widened as she realized where he had taken her. "The Isle of the Lost?! How did you even get us here?"

He smiled at her, coming to cup her cheeks in his hands. "That's the spirit. 'Us'." He leaned to kiss her forehead but Jane ducked her head and pushed him away, curling into herself. He rolled his eyes. "That dog has your mind screwed up. I'll make it right." A chill went down her spine and she clenched her fists to keep the tears at bay. She needed Carlos here with her, his arms wrapped around her, keeping he safe. "I jacked a scooter off one of those Auradon brats and they don't exactly keep those remotes under close inspection." 

"Then you can take me back!" Jane spat at him. "I told you. I love Carlos and only Carlos."

"Stop lying!" He shouted, his eyes flashing with anger. He wrenched her around. She cringed when she saw he was close enough to brush noses with her. "You know, you and I are meant to be together. As my father once said, 'It's written in the stars'."

"He said that to Nala who also knew she didn't want him!" Jane argued, knowing her fairytales and stories by heart.

He grabbed her neck roughly, forcing her to meet his stone cold eyes. "Don't you ever mention that backstabbing bitch in my presence again! She was part of the reason my father was ruined!" His breathing slowed and his voice lessened just a touch. "But unlike my father, I'm going to help you see the truth. And we'll only go back when you've seen it. Is that clear?" Fearful of what he would do to her, Jane nodded meekly. "Good." 

Without another word, he forced his lips on hers. Jane could feel bile rising in her stomach at the unwanted touch. "Sam, what the hell is this?!" A female voice yelled from the doorway. Samuel released his grip on Jane and she wasted no time in wiping his vile taste from her lips. She turned to see a girl who looked to be around 15. She had straight ink black hair reaching her breasts with red and white streaking through it. She had a shredded black and red checkered tank top with a white leather jacket and ripped, black skinny jeans. 

Jane's eyes widened. The girl had chocolate brown eyes, slightly tanned skin, and freckles matching the one person Jane knew the best. She knew who this girl was. Corinne, Carlos' twin sister.

To be continued...