Chapter 9

Surprise!! Early update! If you didn't get the message from my profile, I'm going to be travelling back home tomorrow for Thanksgiving and won't have time to publish so I decided why not just do it now? I hope you all enjoy and happy holidays!!

*******

Carlos nervously fiddled with his fingers as he waited for Jane. Tyler had managed to get them the best table in the house at Tiana's Palace and Carlos wanted her to feel like a princess tonight. Carlos felt his heart stop when Jane stepped out. Dizzy and Evie had outdone themselves. She looked even more beautiful than normal.

She smiled when she saw him and he saw a faint blush tint her cheeks. "Hey." He said quietly. He reached out a hand. She took it with a bigger smile. "You look absolutely incredible."

"Thank you." She responded quietly. They linked arms as they walked to the car. "I'm sorry I was late. I ran into Sam in the hall." She felt Carlos stiffen slightly at the mention. "Carlos?"

"I'm fine. Just..." he scratched the back of his head. "I want you to be careful around Sam."

"What do you mean?" Jane asked curiously.

He opened the door for her, allowing her into the car, him following behind. "It's just... we weren't exactly friends on the Isle and I saw the way he was looking at you."

"'The way he was looking at me'?" Jane raised an eyebrow. She wanted an explanation before deciding to admit Sam did make her feel uncomfortable when they were alone.

Jane could see the edging of a snarl on Carlos' lips. "Like a hungry lion looking at a piece of meat." Jane felt a shudder go through her. It had seemed that Samuel was eyeing her. Carlos sighed and reached for her hand. "You have to understand, Sam's always had this idea to make his father proud. Get a queen and never let her go like Scar was going to do with Nala."

Jane suddenly understood why Carlos was worried. He had the same fear that she did with him. That he wasn't good enough and one day she'll leave him for someone better. Jane gently cradled Carlos' chin in her hand and turned him to look at her. "Carlos, I will never leave you. There is no one I could love more than you. And that's the way it's gonna stay."

She leaned in and pressed a quick, loving kiss on his lips, if only to reassure him of the honesty in her statement. He pulled away with a smile and leaned their foreheads together. Only moments later, the driver announced they had arrived. Carlos stepped out and held out his hand to help Jane out. They linked arms as they walked into the restaurant.

Carlos held the door open for her and the minute they stepped in, they were lead to the table. He pulled her chair out for him and pressed a kiss to her cheek when she sat down. She smiled at him while he sat down. They chatted for a few moments before Tiana and Naveen themselves walked up. Jane stood up to hug both of them. "Jane! Good to see you, sweetheart!" Tiana said.

Jane smiled at the prince and princess. "Good to see you both too." She gestured to Carlos. "This is my boyfriend Carlos. Carlos, you know Tiana and Naveen."

Tiana smiled as she shook Carlos' hand. "Ah! The true love we saw on Family Day!"

Carlos and Jane blushed at the mention. "It's nice to meet you both." He smiled.

"And you as well." Naveen responded. "Tyler told us about you two and we're glad to treat you for the night. Anything you want is on the house!"

Carlos gaped at the prince's words. "That's too kind of you two."

Naveen brushed him off, "It's our pleasure! We'll make sure the staff treats you well." Without another word, the two left the teen couple in peace. Carlos and Jane gaped at each other before laughing. Who would've thought? A prince and princess treating a VK and his date like royalty.

*******

After an amazing dinner of Tiana's famous New Orleans style gumbo and lots of laughs and talking, Carlos and Jane ordered the house special beignets for dessert. While they were eating, Tiana and Naveen stepped up to the stage. They smiled at the audience who cheered for them.

"Good evening everyone!" Tiana said. "Tonight, we have a very special performance for two people who are the new generation of true love." She winked at Carlos and Jane. "This one's for them."

The crowd applauded. Jane and Carlos smiled and he reached over to take her hand. Her blush darkened when he kissed her knuckles softly. Jane let out an involuntary laugh when she heard the piano chords she's heard since birth. Carlos led her onto the dance floor as Tiana started singing,

So this is love
Mmmmmm
So this is love
So this is what makes life divine
I'm all aglow,

*******

Samuel watched as Carlos walked Jane back to her dorm. A snarl was etched on his face seeing Carlos twirl her. Her melodious laugh rang out in the hall and Samuel's fists clenched. I should be the one bringing that laugh out. She's too beautiful for that dog. He thought.

"Thank you for everything tonight, Carlos." She said when they reached her door. She took his hands in hers, leaning their foreheads together.

"Anything for you." He responded. He kissed her forehead before locking eyes with her. "Just... remember what I said in the car."

She nodded with a smile. "Of course, Carlos. I promise I'll be careful." She pressed her lips to his, kicking her leg up in the romance movie move.

Samuel had to restrain himself from pouncing on Carlos. The couple separated and Carlos turned to walk down the hall. Jane waved to him slightly before he disappeared from her view. She sighed with a smile, leaning against the door. Samuel quickly pulled out the cellphone he was given and snapped a picture of the little fairy before she went into her room.

Samuel smiled slightly. If he couldn't have her just yet, he would have pictures to hold him over until she was his. Pictures were worth a thousand words and these would say how much he worships her and how much Carlos didn't deserve her.

To be continued...