ii. Percy Jackson

╔═══════════════╗

╔═══════════════╗

chapter ii.
( the lightning thief )
❝ percy jackson ❞

╚═══════════════╝

      I CONTINUED TO LOOK AFTER the boy in the infirmary. Annabeth came in once every now and then to watch me, her eyes wide and hopeful at the boy. He could know everything. He could know where this stolen thing is, who took it, what it was and why.

       He could know the purpose of my gift.

      But he continued to sleep. Only waking for a few seconds before passing out again. In the end, I had to change his pillow multiple times due to the large puddle of drool from his mouth.

       It was mid-afternoon on the first day he was out cold, and I sat beside his head, feeding him some Ambrosia. I tried to keep my laughter in as I scraped the dribble from his chin with the spoon. This boy who killed a Minotaur drools in his sleep like a baby. That was when his eyes fluttered open, and I took my chance.

      "What will happen at the summer solstice?" I whispered urgently.

      "What?" He just croaked out.

      I glanced around, checking to see if anyone was around, in case anyone had heard. I turned back to him. "What's going on? What's stolen? Please, we only got a few weeks!"

       "I'm sorry, I don't ..."

      There was a knock on the door, and I quickly shoved the spoon in his mouth to stop him from talking.

      A day passed, and the boy had now woken up fully. Annabeth and I were waiting for him and Grover at the Big House. Chiron and Mr D were sitting at the card table on the porch while Annabeth and I stood the side, both of us leaning on the rail. I had my arms crossed, if I were to be a bit honest, I was slightly impatient.

      Mr D's small, pudgy hand placed a card down in front of Chiron, six spades. His curly hair, so black it seemed to be purple, blew slightly in the wind.

      Finally, Grover and the boy arrived. He looked much better, and now I had a good look at him. He had a pale face, with sea-green eyes that reminded me of the ocean. His black hair, now dry, was ruffled and stuck up at the back.

      When they came closer, the boy's eyes widened at Chiron.

      "Mr Brunner!" He exclaimed.

      I glanced at Annabeth.

      "Ah, good, Percy," Chiron said with a smile. "Now we have four for pinochle."