xix . Chariot Of Damnation

╔═══════════════╗

╔═══════════════╗

chapter xix.
( the sea of monsters )
❝ chariot of damnation ❞

╚═══════════════╝

      THERE WERE MANY TIMES THAT I wish I could smack Percy Jackson right across the face. There were many reasons behind all this:

      One: he had somehow befriended a cyclops and was attached to it.

       Two: the utmost frustration that he still hasn't realised that Tyson was indeed a murderous, one-eyed monster.

       Three: he only had one day left to go of school, and only Percy would go out in such a huge explosion. Making them have to duck for cover away from the police.

I waited for Percy and his friend in an alley down Church Street. When I saw them near, I pulled them off the sidewalk just as a firetruck screamed past, heading for Meriwether Prep.

I pulled them closer into the alleyway, and when I was sure nobody could see us, I rounded on Percy with the question I had been dying to ask. "Where'd you find him?" I pointed at Tyson, and the son of Poseidon frowned.

"He's my friend," he told me, a little edginess to his voice.

"Is he homeless?"

"What does that have to do with anything? He can hear you, you know. Why don't you ask him?"

I arched a brow, a little surprised. I glanced at Tyson, who was staring down at us with one, big green eye. A cyclops as young as himself, I wouldn't expect him to be so intelligent at his age. "He can talk?"

"I talk," said the Cyclops. "You are pretty."

Bile rose up my throat, "Ew! Gross!" I stepped away from him. Percy stared at me like I had gone crazy, but Tyson didn't look fazed by what I said, instead, his attention was fixed solely on my hair. I patted it down, wishing I had a cap or a hoodie to hide it.

Percy suddenly noticed the cyclops hands that were untouched from the fight back in the gym, "Your hands aren't even burned!"

It was my turn to frownI still didn't understand it. Why couldn't Percy see through the mist? Tyson isn't strong enough to manipulate so much of it that it'd affect a demigod ( especially one so powerful as Percy ). "Of course not," I said. "Actually, I'm surprised the Laistrygonians attacked you with him around."

Tyson tried to touch my hair, but I smacked his hand away. I tried to ignore the speeding of my heart and the tightness of my throat. Just looking at him brought back memories of that nightand I couldn't, I can't deal with that.