xxii . Jason And The Argonauts

╔═══════════════╗

╔═══════════════╗

chapter xxii.
( the sea of monsters )
❝ jason and the argonauts ❞

╚═══════════════╝

JASON AND THE ARGONAUTS. A timeless Greek tale. I learnt it in the first few weeks of being here at Camp-Half-Blood, Thalia mentioned it once on their travels. A tale of loyalty, betrayal, love, death, and heroism, like every Greek Tragedy. I don't know why I dreamt about them flying on the Argo that night, but I did. I also dreamt about Medea, the evil sorceress who married Jason, and when he left her, killed her children in spite of it. And then I dreamt about golden sheep. It was a weird dream, but like every demigod dream, it meant something.

        And I think I do know what it means. The Golden Fleece. I've been thinking about it ever since Percy mentioned his dream and empathy link with Grover the day of the chariot races. Grover was held captured by Polyphemus, the Cyclops who also held capture to the Golden Fleece. The one thing that could save Thalia, and Camp.

       But there was nothing I could do with Tantalus taking over the camp. He couldn't care less about it being in danger. And neither did Mr D—if Camp was destroyed, he wouldn't have to deal with us anymore and can return back to his godly life where he could drink wine all he liked. All the while, I had to clean dishes with the harpies for 'punishment' after 'ruining' the chariot races.

       Percy didn't help. He had told Tantalus to go chase his doughnut.

       The harpies washed dishes with lava instead of water, so Percy, Annabeth and I had to wear asbestos gloves and aprons. Tyson was perfectly fine—he just plunged his hands right in. The rest of us had to work carefully in hot, dangerous lava for hours. And there were extra plates too since Tantalus thought it would be great to have a special feast to celebrate Clarisse's win in the chariot races. They ate some Stymphalaian bird—which, now that I think about it, I was glad I didn't get to be a part of.

       What the hours of work did though, was it gave the three of us a common enemy, and lots of time to talk. After Percy told me again about his dream about Grover, I couldn't help but start to believe. Especially after my weird-ass dream. But it was dangerous—then yet again ... whenever is there something we do that isn't dangerous and death-defying?

       "If he's really found it..." Annabeth murmured.

       "He had to," I said, which made Percy arch a brow at me. I was too busy to give him a look back at his smug face. "I had a dream about it too before dinner. I mean ... if we can retrieve it—"

       "Hold on," Percy said. "You guys act like this ... whatever-it-is Grover found is the only thing in the world that could save the camp. What is it?"