xx . Tantalus

introducing Robert Downey Jr as Dionysus

and

Robert Carlyle as Tantalus

╔═══════════════╗

chapter xx.
( the sea of monsters )
❝ tantalus ❞

╚═══════════════╝

I WOKE UP TO A PLACE THAT wasn't home. It was a strange feeling, one that was hard to explain. But even though the infirmary around me looked the same; with the same ingredients on the shelf in the exact same places, the same drapes around the beds and the same smell, there was something about it that didn't seem right. It felt cold and uninvitingphysically. The Apollo children always charmed the place to have a certain warmth about it that made patients feel calm and safe, and at the moment, I did not feel any of those things, I felt the exact opposite.

My brain felt foggy, but ignoring it, I stood up from my bed and pushed myself to walk to the door. "Argus?" I called out. "Argus, where are you?"

When I didn't see Argus around, what happened hit me like a snowstorm. Argus wasn't here, he was fired, Chiron was gone, replaced with a Tantalus? And that wasn't the worse partThalia ...

At that thought, I rushed out of the infirmary and onto the deck of the Big House. The strange feeling continued as I stared out at Camp Half-Blood. On the surface, nothing looked all that different. The Big House still looked the same with his's blue gabled roof and wraparound porch. The strawberry fields still were baed in the sun. The same white-columned Greek buildings were scattered around the valleythe amphitheatre the combat arena, the dining pavilion overlooking Long Island Sound. And nestled between the woods and the creek were the cabins, twelve buildings set out in a U shape around a bonfire, each representing an Olympian God.