CHAPTER 19

I followed him to the kitchen, my heart in my mouth. I was dreadfully afraid of what he would say.
"Before you say anything , let me just say that...."

"Be quiet! We will talk after we eat", he interjected.

I sat down on the stool near the counter.

"Is pasta good?" , he asked. 

"It is ok", I replied.

I was nervous.  I knew that he didn't want a mate but after what happened,  there was no way in hell I was going to leave.
I saw him opening the refrigerator and taking out a bowl of pasta.  I looked at him in astonishment.  I thought he was going to cook for me.

"I hope you didn't think I was going to cook for you", he said while putting the bowl into the microwave.

"The thought never crossed my mind" I lied, feeling a throbbing ache as my wolf clawed at me for lying to our mate.

He raised an eyebrow but didn't say anything.

We sat there in an awkward silence waiting patiently to hear the beeping of the microwave. When I finally heard the beeping, an inaudible sigh of relief left my lips.
As soon as he placed the bowl on the counter,  I ravenously attacked it. Vaughn was forgotten as I ate my fill.  I moaned in delight as my taste buds rejoiced at the taste.  I was almost finished when I remembered Vaughn. I hesitantly put down my fork and peeked at Vaughn under my lashes. 

"Uhmm, sorry about that", I muttered sheepishly,  partially sated. 

"It's ok", he responded, "continue eating".

I picked up my fork and quickly finished what was in the  bowl. I pushed the bowl to side,  looking at Vaughn, waiting for him to start talking.

"Why are you here?" he asked,  straight to the point.

I frowned mentally.  He truly did not care for me.  He did not even ask if my body was bruised or if I was alright.  He just wanted to know why I was on his territory.  I felt hurt

I was so engrossed in my thoughts of my mate not caring about my wellbeing that I did not answer his question.  I did not even realize that I didn't answer until I heard a low growl.

"I asked you a question that needs an answer".

"Sorry about that", I apologized. "Well I was kicked out from my pack "

He didn't say anything.  Just continued looking at me,  his eyes telling me to explain.  And I did.  I told him the entire story.  Starting from when I took his pants until Gamma Bryce caught me in the tree.

When I concluded my tale, I released a shakey breath  and looked to see Vaughn's reaction to my story, in particular, his reaction to how he was inadvertently the cause of my expulsion.

Vaughn scratched his head and sighed in annoyance, "Well since you have no where to go, you can stay here until you figure out where to go..."

My face lit up at his words.  He wanted me to stay.

"However," he continued,  "do not expect me to acknowledge you as my Luna".

"But yesterday......",I said shocked at what I was hearing.

"That was purely physical.  Nothing more" he said

My wolf howled in pain at his words.
I bit back the tears that threatened to overflow. This was expected since he started to reject us at the first meeting.

"So are you staying or leaving?" he asked , unfeeling of the pain he was causing both me and my wolf with his cold words. 

Screw him. I will teach him a lesson. I will be a thorn to his side.
With determination to make him suffer like I was suffering, I gave him my response.

"Yes".