Chapter 31

Cameron POV.

"Come on it's time to go!" Nash yelled. I tied my tie and ran downstairs. Tonight I'm going to Nash's prom.

"Lets go," he said taking Maggie's hand. She was wearing a knee length purple dress with a sparkle band around her ribs. We piled in the the limo and we were on our way. When we got to the place we got out and went in.

There were a lot of people in here. A few girls were checking me out but I wasn't interested. Something didn't feel right. I wanted to leave and go back home.

"Dude, something doesn't feel right." I told Nash but he was too busy making out with Maggie.

"Hi," I girl came up to me.

"Hi, I said.

"I'm Eve," she smiled,

"I'm Cameron," I said.

"Want to slow dance?" She asked.

"No, I'm good." I said.

"Please," she begged.

"Okay but only one and don't try to pull anything on me," I said.

"Deal," she said and we went onto the dance floor.

Ava POV.

Finally it was prom. Cameron still wasn't here but I'm giving him sometime.

"You ready?" Cindy asked.

"Can we wait a little longer?" I asked.

"If we wait any longer we might be late," she said.

"Okay," I said.

"I know Cameron isn't here but you can't wait forever. Maybe he's already at the place." She suggested.

"Yeah let's go!" I said as we walked out. When we finally got to the place there were a lot of people.

"Wow," I said amazed at the pretty ball room. There were sparkly banners all around. On the stage was a DJ jamming out to the song being played. People were grinding and dancing all around us. Where's Cameron?

"He will be here," Cindy said like she read my mind.

"Now lets dance!" Cindy said taking my hand and leading me through the crowd. Even though I was having fun dancing I couldn't help but think about Cameron. Is he ever going to come?

"Attention students!" Our principal said in the mic. The music stopped and everyone looked up at the stage.

"Time to announce prom king and queen!" He said. Cindy took my hand and smiled.

"I better get prom queen," Cindy said. Ever since they started the voting she hasn't stopped talking about it.

"Prom king is Cameron Dallas," Mr. Martin, our principal announced. My eyes watered as silence filled the room.

"Cameron where are you?" Mr. Martin asked.

"Well lets just go on to prom queen," he said.

"Ava Hart!" He announced. My mouth went open in surprised. Cindy let go of my hand. Angrier was on her face. I walked up to the stage slower. My eyes watered thinking about Cameron.

"Congratulations!" Mr. Martin said putting a crown on my head.

"She doesn't deserve that!" Cindy yelled. She stomped to the stage.

"I think people deserve to hear what I'm about to say," she said in the mic.