Seven- Forbidden

Your POV
My train of thought was lost when I suddenly felt something tugging at my silver anklet. It was a creature of a peculiar look! I made a frightened gasp and backed away from it. I've never seen a little beast like this before. It had the snout of a platypus and a body of a mole but it was... smiling. I must be dreaming now.

"You cheeky sod, how did you escape again?" A familiar man wearing a long, blue coat and placing a leather case beside him said calmly and sternly, as he tried to pry the little creature off of my ankle. "I'm incredibly sorry about this, my Niffler seems to have taken an interest in your ankle brace- it's you again?" The formal man's face drained of colour and his eyes went wide with shock.

"You're the one who bumped into me yesterday aren't you?"

"You can't be here. How did you get through?" He looked panicked, looking around the place, again, as though he was searching for something. I remained silent and I realised the strange creature was tugging at my ankle still.

"Here." I said as I knelt down and took the anklet off my foot and handed it to the Niffler. The creature reached out slowly then snatched the chain from my hands, observing its treasure.

"Now," the man started, "back in the case, you." He says to the Niffler, opening the case and putting the little beast inside. I thought I was going crazy because I could've sworn I heard many other animal calls come from inside that case. "I do apologise for that."

"For what? On behalf of your peculiar creature or for interrogating me?" I crossed my arms.

His cheeks flashed pink for a moment. "I'm sorry but you really need to leave before it's too late."

"Why? What makes me any different to all these people here?"

"Muggles are forbidden here!" He whisper-shouted.

"What the hell is a Muggle?"

"You, non-magic folk."

"N-non-magic folk?" I echoed in disbelief. "You're telling me everyone here is a wizard? That can't be right because my husband works here. He can't be a wizard."

The man went silent and just gave me a look to tell me I was wrong. "Please, you need go home. Don't mention any of this to anyone. Forget all this ever exists. Don't you understand this is for your own good?"

"What? Excuse me but who are you to tell me what to do?"

"I'm Seán's friend and colleague."

"He's never mentioned you."

"For a good reason." He looked around again. "I do apologise but I need to take you back-"

"Y/N?"

I spun around on my heel to see Seán there looking as shocked as the man beside me looked.

"Seán, what in God's name is going on?" I placed my hands on my hips.

Seán lightly clutched my elbow, dragging me away a little. "You can't be here." He whispered to me. "How did you get here? Did you follow me? Has anyone else seen you?" He sporadically fired questions at me, sounding panicked. I've never seen him look as apprehensive as this before.

"Yes, I followed you. I knew something was going on with you so I wanted to find out for myself. I didn't know I was going to end up in this world of madness! People wear hats and cloaks, there's green fire, floating telephone boxes, ghostly paper aeroplanes and fucking pamphlets being organised by themselves!" I say hysterically.

"Y/N! Calm down." Seán places his hands on my shoulders. "I will explain everything but we need to get out of here first, okay?"

"I hate to interrupt but she really needs to leave." The man from before walked over to us.

"I know, Newt. Just give me a minute." Seán gritted his teeth and he turned back to face me.

"Why did you lie to me?" I say before he can say anything first. He didn't answer so I calmly inhaled and exhaled, and tried again. "Seán... who are you, really?"

He scanned around the place, before rubbing his eyes underneath his glasses and sighing. "Fuck it."

Suddenly, alarms sounded throughout the place. "Um, Seán?" Newt says warningly as though he was searching for help. Men in uniform surrounded all three of us. We couldn't run or escape.

"Seán? What's happening?" I spoke quietly.

"This is what happens when non-magic folk enter the Ministry." He whispered back.

"Ah, McLoughlin, Scamander. I don't suppose you have anything to do with this do you?" A balding man approached us.

"I'm sorry, Commander. It won't happen again. I'll be sure to take care of it." Seán replied.

"No, you're right. It won't happen again and you'll do no such thing. Arrest them!" He orders the guards.

"But we haven't done anything!" Newt protested.

"Oh yes you have. Allowing a Muggle into our world is violating the law as it is!" The Commander retorted. Three guards were approaching us, looking frightening and daunting as I knew they were going to take us away.

"Take my arm now!" Seán insisted to Newt and I.

"What?"

"But-"

Before I knew what was happening, Seán grabbed my hand and Newt's arm and we were suddenly spinning around in the air, plummeting into the darkness.

Muggles are forbidden.